We’re getting pretty tired of waiting (and waiting) for LG to update the ST600 firmware so the Plex Media Link app can actually play the popular video formats we all use.
Meanwhile back at the ranch we’re looking around again for that magic £99 box to bring our Plex library to secondary zones around the house (bedrooms etc). The guys working on Plex for Samsung have made great progress and their widget is looking really polished. Perhaps best of all, in addition to Samsung TV’s it also works on Series C and Series D Samsung Blu-Ray players which you can pick up for as little as £89. Check out the video of Plex for Samsung…
‘Welcome to Plex for Samsung TV’s / BD-Player’s – With this widget it is possible to watch your Movies and TV-Shows, which are organized by your Plex Media Server (PMS) , on your Samsung TV / BD-Player (C-Serie / D-Serie). If your TV/BD-Player has Internet@TV or SmartHub you should be able to install this widget. If you are thinking about to buy a new TV / BD-Player because of this widget I highly recommend you to get one from the D-Serie.
- Browsing through your Movie and TV-Show library
- Watching your Movies and TV-Shows
- Audio output will be set automatically to Dolby Digital, DTS or PCM depending what your video files have
- While you watch you can fastforward and fastrewind (2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x)
- If you want to watch more than just one episode, enable autoplay and it will automatically start the next episode
- Saving your progress from your Movies and TV-Show episodes (even when you are watching every 20sec)
- Continue your Movies and TV-Shows from where you stopped them
- Will set your Movies and TV-Shows as watched when you finished them
- Theme music will be played when you enter the TV-Show (you can disabled it in the settings)
- You can set a Movie, TV-Show season or a single episode as watched/unwatched”