A couple of bits of news that make it a significant day for anyone that wants to stream Movies, TV and music to zones around their home. Firstly Roku, the US based media streaming solution is now available in the UK.
“We’ve had a private channel available for a few months, but we’ve really been working hard to make it even more awesome. In a great example of why I love the our community, a Plex team led by Schuyler collaborated with Alan, Matt, L0stS0ul and others from the forums to create this new version.
If you haven’t seen it for a while, this is what’s new:
- Full myPlex support: Sign into your myPlex account, and you get instant access to your media queue, shared content, and your own servers that you’ve published through myPlex. So easy! So awesome!
- Audio and Photo support: We now support browsing and playing the full range of media that the Plex Media Server supports, both from your library and channels.
- Revamped UI: as you can see below, we’re now using grids on a lot of screens now, and there’s a nice Plex-like theme throughout.
- Direct Play: For media formats that are supported by the Roku, we’ll try to play it without transcoding.
- Tons of other stuff, including many bug-fixes.”