Here’s a new retro-fit wireless TRV system from Heat-Save. Swap your existing radiator valves for these battery powered motorised versions then schedule and control your heating from your Windows computer via the USB RF Dongle. The valves don’t require your PC to be on 24/7 as they hold a 7 day pattern plus holidays up to 4 years in the future (Mac and Linux support is planned). The batteries in the valves should last around 2 years before needing to be replaced with heating on 365 days of the year (obviously more with a summer shutdown). Check out the video below.
Simple DIY installation. Firstly, unscrew, by hand, the existing TRV head and replace it with the HeatSave wireless valve head. Then, let the user friendly software and USB stick “find”, wirelessly, the HeatSave valve so you can upload your heating patterns to control the radiator. The software works on any Windows laptop or PC.
At the touch of a button, turn down the heating in rooms that you’re not using. Also plan up to four years in advance for holidays and times when the heating will be different, by using the heating diary. A ‘hands on” override button on the valve means quick changes are easy from within the room.”
- Low cost, simple to install and use
- Setup all valves wirelessly from one Windows laptop or PC – easy to use software
- Built in memory to match your lifestyle, each valve remembers patterns & future holidays
- Automatic warnings such as ‘battery low’ mean no surprises
- Low-power circuitry for long battery life
- Patented “Dual Sensor Technology” for accurate temperature control
- Controls radiators individually maximising zoning potential
- Quiet motorised valve, directly replaces traditional TRV heads
- Automatic valve exercising when unused for 7 days to minimise seizing of radiator valves in warmer months