Video: WiFi Plug Controls Your Appliances from your Phone [Updated]
Here’s a simple plugin module to convert your home appliances to Wi-Fi Control. WiFi Plug uses your home’s 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi network and also operates over mobile internet, so you can control appliances while you’re away.
The accompanying free WiFiPlug² app works with iPhones, iPads, iPod Touch (4th Gen) as well as Android devices and anything with a browser (think your Mac / Linux / Windows PC etc).
In addition WiFi Plug’s makers saying they will be bring more features to their wireless modules via firmware updates during the coming year including…
- Live Energy Monitoring : Real time energy data (2014)
- GeoFencing: GPS location changes appliances state (v.2 Android)
- Multi Function Timer: upto 10 different timer settings (v.2)
- Scene Settings: Night mode, All appliances switch off (v.2)
- Thermostat: When temp hits 25°C Heater turns off (2014)
WiFi Plug is available now for £40.
[Update] After seeing this article WiFiPlug contacted us with this offer for Automated Home Readers – “We can offer your readers an exclusive discount. Add ‘ OTTOMATE2 ‘ at the checkout for £2 off their purchase. (expires 28/02/14)”