News Anchor 2.0 is an RSS reader that helps Internet researchers and blog readers to keep up with their reading lists while having meals without dirtying their keyboards.
Basil Salad Software today is pleased to announce the upcoming availability of News Anchor 2.0 for Mac OS X – a new way to consume blogs and news sites. News Anchor is the hands-free RSS/ATOM feed reader, allowing you to enjoy news feeds along with your breakfast. News Anchor packages news feeds into a television-like news broadcast using text-to-speech technology. With its one-click hands-free operation, you can listen to your news feeds while having meals or doing other tasks.
News Anchor is particularly suitable for:
- Market analysts and trend spotters
- Internet researchers and online writers
- Lawyers and other legal professionals
Features and Benefits of News Anchor:
- Sources data from RSS or ATOM news feeds
- Generate news channels automatically based on the feeds of your choice
- Create custom podcasts based from your feed subscriptions
- One-click, hands-free operation. News Anchor relieves you from needing to use the mouse or keyboard to get to the next article in your reading list
- Apple Remote support – control playback with your Mac’s infrared remote
- Supports password protected feeds (HTTP basic authentication). This enables News Anchor to access subscription-based (paid) news feeds
- Multi-core and 64-bit ready. News Anchor makes optimal use of multi-processor machines and runs as a 64-bit application when run under Snow Leopard with a 64-bit capable processor
Advantages of News Anchor over the competition:
- Off-line operation – News Anchor caches the news feeds data and can be used while disconnected from the Internet.
- Instant-on and always ready – News Anchor can update its data in the background even while it is not running, therefore you can always enjoy the latest news immediately on launching the application.
- Take it anywhere – News Anchor can create podcasts of news feeds that you can play in any digital music player (any player that can play MP4/AAC format such as the iPod).
- Streamlined playback – enjoy the latest news with only a single click.
Availability: News Anchor will be available to download from the Mac App Store when it launches, which is scheduled at 6 January 2011.