Our friends over at Freedomotic, the open source Home Automation Software project, have sent us details of their latest update. Version 5.3.0 is now available for download and brings a raft of new features and improvements…
Marketplace – The plugins can be easy installed from a menu without the need of download them manually from the web browser.
Core – Added stomp and websockets connections. Update the apache ActiveMQ to the last version. Changed the way automations (scenarios) are defined, now is much easier and intutive thanks to the use of nearly natural language and much more.
Development – We have switched to GIT as our main version control system. This allows a better development workflows. Clone freedomotic at: code.google.com/p/freedomotic/ Dailybuilds are created with every change. Freedomotic.com has also changed its aspect. New logo, new web design and a lot of improvements on the documentation. Discover its potential and download it here. Our community is growing up with new developers, testers and people interested in building automation, so we want to thank you all.
Projects In Progress – We have enhanced our framework following your suggestions, now it has better performances, many fixed bugs and new features. The developers of our community have recently added new great plugins like:
- OpenWebNet Plugin to communicate with MyHome BTicino systems.
- The TV Object and the new Pioneer Kuro TV Plugin to control Pioneer TVs via USB.
- Souliss Plugin to communicate with Souliss Arduino library
- RestApi plugin to expose Freedomotic evironment data using REST services. This is useful for example to create third party frontends
- Web client for controlling the framework with a simple browser and much more…
Check out project todo list at freedomotic.com and if you want to applicate for a project write on the forum or send a mail to email@example.com