• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • martynwendon
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Feb 2009

BT VP1000 Alarm

Has anybody managed to interface to a BT VP1000 alarm?

It's a re-branded Visonic PowerMax+, I've obtained a PowerMax+ RS232 interface kit and the Visonic programming software but can't seem to get it to talk to the panel as it seems to keep asking for a "download code" (have tried all the obvious things like the system password, etc).

I'm hoping to either interface directly to it via RS232 or enable the X10 port and interface to it via that, but getting it talking to the Visonic software is the first hurdle!

Thanks,

Martyn
    My Blog
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

You need to go into the installers mode menu first. If the code has been set to 0000 nothing will work. Once in the installers mode menu you go to define comm,press OK then cycle through the options until you get to Mast. DL Code, press OK then you should be able to change it.
    One last thing did you install the alarm if not then someone may have set a code to access the installers mode.
    If you go to the Visonic website. youcan download the installers guide from there, and this will show you in better dtail how to change the download codes. You will need the master download code as the user one doesn't allow 2 way comms. The user download code only allows downloading to the panel.
    Personally I would go the RFXCOM route.
    Many people have tried interfacing directly to the Visonic panels but without great success. There was a thread or two a while back (its about 6 years old now) on the Homeseer forums about this.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• martynwendon
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Feb 2009

Hi Toscal,

Thanks for the reply, but as far as I can see the VP1000 doesn't have an installers mode or code - they run a BT customised firmware?

I've had RFXCom stuff for about 7 or 8 years or so now and it's fantastic but the one thing that it's always struggled with (maybe just in my installation) is Keyfob reception and occasionally misses an arm or disarm signal.

It's not a massive problem, it probably only misses 2 or 3 in a week, but it's the one area that currently has low wife acceptance factor as I use the arm / disarm status to turn off / on lights and appliances appropriately as we come and go.

Having just swapped out most of my HomeEasy stuff for Z-Wave, I now have 100% success at switching stuff on / off and 2 way communication for confirmation of status so it would be nice to tie up this one last loose end.

I guess I could always invest in a new alarm panel and go for a "proper" PowerMax as all my Visonic sensors will be compatible.....

Martyn
      My Blog

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

If you are interested I do have a brand new (well almost ,its about 4 years old and only been used to test the RS232 interface for a client) powermax plus sitting in the garage.
        Last edited by toscal; 15 April 2012, 01:19 PM.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• b_weijenberg
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Sep 2006

I receive the PowerCode sensor with the RFXCOM receiver.
          To synchronize the VP1000 panel state with Homeseer I use X10 commands. Configure the VP1000 to send for example X10 B1-on for arm-away and B2-on for arm-home. Disarm will send than B1-Off and B2-Off.

With a script the Homeseer-RFXCOM alarm panel is set to to state the VP1000 is in without receiving the Visonic keyfobs directly in Homeseer.

Comment

Working...
          X