Thread: Potterton Problem

Automated Home Lurker

Default Potterton Problem

Moved house recently and found that once i switched on the heating system the boiler Potterton Bolier kept locking out. After a couple of visits from the plumber he managed to find it was the fact that you needed to keep one radiator on all the time to keep a constant flow of water. This worked fine and dandy until two days later when the Honeywell heating controler kept tripping out which meant i had to keep resetting it virtually everyday. Is this a Controler problem or the home electrics in the house. Anyone any ideas before i get the plumber back again.

Default Re: Potterton Problem

when you say the heating controler keeps triping out,

do you mean it trips of the electrics when the boiler fires up?

or reaches temperature?

if so you could have a faulty stat.

Automated Home Lurker

The programme controler must trip out when it probably gets to a certain temporature as the boiler fires up fine for a while. Also no other electrics trip in the house its only the controller itself that goes blank and thats the only thing that needs reseting. There doesnt seem to be any set pattern to when the controler trips out. What does make the controler trip out quicker is when you have both heating and hot water on at the same time.
    Where abouts would the stat be and what would it look like. ?

mmmmm,

strange,

i wouldn't like to say,

i'd say the controllers faulty but you could replace components till't cows come home,might be aswell getting an engineer out.

Automated Home Lurker

Does seem to be a bit of a head scratcher. Thanks for the reply and as you say worth getting an engineer out to have another look before changing any other parts.
    Thanks again.