Thread: Worcester Greenstar 30 HE Plus Combi Trouble

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Automated Home Lurker

Default Worcester Greenstar 30 HE Plus Combi Trouble

I wonder if anyone can help me, I've been re-furbishing a flat and I decided to remove a radiator temporarily, subsequently my Worcester Greenstar 30 HE Plus Combi has stopped working. I did notice that the pressure had dropped to zero and I re-pressurised the system before testing the heating. The control panel only displays the water temperature when attempting to run the heating, although it shows an error of C1 if the hot water is run. I do know that the pump is running. It's a fairly new installation and my plumber buddy appears stumped. It says in the manual that the should never be run without pressure, I'd like to know what happens if it does as the boiler is currently rarely used.

Default Re: Worcester Greenstar 30 HE Plus Combi Trouble

the boiler won't run if the pressure is to low (low pressure cut off)

i'd turn the power off to the boiler for a min and then turn it back on,see if it re-sets it self,

what does it say c1 is in the instructions?

the boiler won't run if the pressure is to low (low pressure cut off)

i'd turn the power off to the boiler for a min and then turn it back on,see if it re-sets it self,

what does it say c1 is in the instructions?

Automated Home Lurker

Yup, I did that on several occasions and tried the reset. The user Manual reckons C1 is a potential Fan issue or if not the entire control panel is at fault but we are not convinced. I have phoned up worcester and asked them to send us the maintenance literature, hopefully it will have more information on Fault diagnosis. My buddy is more suspect of the flow switch but he has not had enough time to diagnose it. Damn cold decorating at night with no heat!

just check the condensate is not blocked

Automated Home Lurker

No luck there, there was a wasp in it. Now there is no error message at all?

Automated Home Lurker

The Error message of "C1", as it said in the instructions, did indeed mean it needed a new fan. 10 minutes work by the Worcester Engineer and £180 later my boiler is retored. They gave me a call 40 minutes before he was going to get there. I probably should have done that earlier, would have saved me a load of grief.

If anyone eles has problems you can down load the installation and service instructions here:

http://www.tradecounter.com/dbdocs/w...c_30-06-04.pdf

:wink: