• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gcummings
    Automated Home Lurker
    • May 2007

C_bus IR codes 8 button

Please help,

Does anybody now how to get the IR codes from C-bus succesffully into Nevo or Pronto controls I have tried many times now with very limited success.
    It may be easier if somebody has the descrete IR codes.

GG
  • FrankMcAlinden
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2004

Hi GG

Im sure the CBUS codes are NEC Format so cant see why you would have difficulty ...????

Frank
    Home of FirM - the Multi Zone IR Transport System
    http://www.armaghelectrical.com.au/index.html

Comment

• Darbyweb
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Mar 2004

What problems are you having ?

I have some Nevo .nvo files i can send you with CBus codes in them - they are the ones for the Touchscreen's remote which i think is the same as the Neo.

I would agree there does seem to be some quirkiness with them. They work fine when i manually press them, but they will not work properly in macro's - i've tried all sorts of delays etc. but cannot get them to work reliably in a macro.

Let me know if you want me to email you a nvo file.

Regards

Dean.
      Last edited by Darbyweb; 14 May 2007, 11:08 AM.
      ----------------
      CIS Integrator
      www.rolec.net
      ----------------

Comment

• FrankMcAlinden
        Automated Home Guru
        • Feb 2004

Hi Dean

What sort of issues do you mean...???...If its sending repeated commands ie brighten / dim then i think there will be an issue due to the NEC Format..

Frank
        Home of FirM - the Multi Zone IR Transport System
        http://www.armaghelectrical.com.au/index.html

Comment

• Darbyweb
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Mar 2004

Hi Frank

No they are not repeat commands they are just single press on/off commands.

The strange thing is i can run the macro and it makes the CTouch beep to indicate it has received an IR command it recognises, but nothing happens. If i then follow up with a physical push of a button on the Nevo of the same command it registers it fine and acts on it ?

Bizarre.... - i'm going up to the distributors for a training day on another product in a couple of weeks and i will quiz them on what they think it might be.

I may also try relearning the IR's again. What was also a bit strange was that the Nevo would learn the CBus ir's from my old Logitech but would not work with the Ctouch even though it again registered it has seen them, so i had to dig out my old CBus remote....

Dean.
          ----------------
          CIS Integrator
          www.rolec.net
          ----------------

Comment

• gcummings
            Automated Home Lurker
            • May 2007

I have used a few different C-Bus remotes to try and learn them. Nevo and Pronto both bleep as if they have seen the commands but when I come to use them you may find only 3 of 8 have gone in. When learn exercise repeated could be 4 of 8 but different buttons

Some of them will dim the circuit some just turn on of. Also when nevo button pressed with a sucessful code embedded sometimes needs three or four pressed before activation of the cct.

It is the 8 button remote I need the codes for. note touchscreen.

It is very confusing.

GG

Comment

Working...
            X