• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wexfordman
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2005

TW523 lead questions

Just dug out an old tw523 to use with comfort and have probs getting it to work. I tested the unit on HV and it works fine, but using a different RJ11 cable (dont ask why I did'nt use same rj11, but suffice to say, I had a bit of travelling between locations and was a bit forgetful).

Anyway, I think the prob is I am using the wrong cable, in that I think it is not a crossed cable at the location where it is not working. I had this cable stored with the TW523, but it may have been a normal cable I just left beside it. I could do a bodge, and cut and cross the cables, but can I get one of these somewhere else handy ?

Wexfordman
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Don't no where you can by one off the shelf. If you need help in making one up, then you can try looking here:

Also try this as a quick and easy way to see if you have the correct cable,
    To see if the cable is correct, line up the RJ11 connectors at each end of the cable with their front ends touching and with the locking clips on the same side. You should be able to see the colors of the wires through the RJ11 connectors. A correct cable will have the same wire colors lining up.
    Hope this helps
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Wexfordman
      Automated Home Guru
      • Nov 2005

Thanks Toscal,

Got it sorted (cut the cable and made a temporary cross). It will do me until I order a new cable, as I need to order some x10 modules also over the next few days, so kill two birds with one stone.

Regards,
      Eamon

Comment

Working...
      X