X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

Custom Icons ?

Is it possible to add your own custom icons to Cortex ? If so how is the filtering applied such that only certain icons pop up in the choose icon selection ?

I can see some naming usage for hot/cold and size... but the object association isn't overly apparent...

K
  • Gumby
    • May 2004

Not quite "add", but you could replace some of the existing icons with your own images - especially if they are otherwise unused and valid selections for your object type. Not that I've done this ...
    ----------------------
    www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• Kevin
      • Jan 2004

Yes - I had thought about that but it seemed a sin to sacrifice the standard icons - but it's likely what I'll do as I have some I dont use.

Just as a general question - how do people display a 'state' ? For example assuming you have a logic object that operate to show that something is true - eg both the heating AND the bathroom light are on - and you want an icon to reflect this. At the moment I am feeding this logic output into a (virtual) relay input and configuring this relay as an ON|OFF load , therefore displaying an icon for the relay state ...

This works well in one situation but in another almost identical one it turns ON but wont then turn OFF even though I can see the connected logic output going back to 0 correctly. I double checked I'm connected to the 'state' input of the relay... and not say 'turn ON'

It would be nice to have a set of icons that attached directly to a logic output perhaps - but I believe the outputs retain the compound nature of the input data source so maybe not so easy...

Kevin

Comment

Working...
      X