• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dunks517
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2005

CM11U problems and power cuts

Hi there, I constantly have problems with my CM11u, it keeps on deinitialising and comes up with the error when trying reinitialise it in Harmony, this is a pain as I cannot be relied on to provide scenes and events.

Also we have regaular power trips between 2200 -2300 nightly on the ring main, would a device be causing this? The lighting circuits stay on its just the ring main!!
    Dunc's home install:http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...o-Gallery.html
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Do you have the batteries in the CM11. Disconnect the CM11 from the PC. Take these out leave them out for about 1 hour. If you need the batteries put them back in and reconnect to the PC. The batteries are only there to keep the internal clock of the CM11 going during power outages.
    The first question is what is connected to the ring main, and what happens at 2200 to 2300. Do you have anything that comes on, dishwasher, heater, washing machine, water pump etc.
    Now the fun part. Disconnect everything on the ring main and just plugin one item. Then the next day plug another in and keep going until the ring main trips. Another way to do this would be each night unplug a different item, then plug it back in the next day and unplug something else.
    Also check the rating of the circuit breaker. It may be too low or you have something plugged in that shouldn't be plugged into that type of circuit.
    Good luck
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• MrFluffy
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Aug 2005

I have had loads of issues with a cm11u, in fact Ive had five of them in all now, which just goes to prove one thing. I'm stupid and make the same mistake.

Anyway, confession over, My latest cm11u has been functioning much better, with only lockups after major electrical storms (we have fd10's but somehow lightening surges always seem to cause various devices to go mad anyway, so we just "reboot" the home control installation by cutting the power to the pdu that supplies it, then reinstating it after 20 seconds or so) with a small modification. I sawn a hole in the front, and mounted a pc heatsink and fan directly on the transformer, to blow air onto the pcb and transformer, and sink away some of the transformer heat.
      Plugged into the cm11u is a small 12v psu which powers only the cpu fan.
      My cm11u has just celebrated its 2nd birthday, the previous best lifespan was 3 months...

Comment

Working...
      X