Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: astral from MK Electric

Automated Home Lurker

Perhaps you can let us know what they're so over-priced. I've now opted for the Merten and Duwi range of switches, which in my opinion look much nicer especially with the glass frames. It's much cheaper as well...

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by dudexk View Post
    Perhaps you can let us know what they're so over-priced. I've now opted for the Merten and Duwi range of switches, which in my opinion look much nicer especially with the glass frames. It's much cheaper as well...
    No idea - we were also shocked with the prices - to be honest after installing them they dont skip a beat - they do look nice to with the inter-changable covers and a low blue glow around them... they fit a 35mm back box with no problems and look familiar when your wiring them up..... we have found other products seem to switch themselves on and off on their own accord and dont respond to commands from other devices instantly - the MK kit I hate to say just worked!

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by dudexk View Post
    Where did you get these from?

Automated Home Lurker

Default How to get in contact With MK direct?

I am new to home automation lighting and i am looking at the MK Astral range.

I wanted to get a price from MK direct. Does anyone have any contact details for them?

Thanks

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by jchahal View Post
    I am new to home automation lighting and i am looking at the MK Astral range.

I wanted to get a price from MK direct. Does anyone have any contact details for them?

Thanks
    MK wont sell directly to you, they have dealers for Astral

Edmundsons are the dealer from memory, they were etremely expensive.

http://www.edmundson-electrical.co.uk/

We were part of the beta testing and we tried to get the Astral range to work with Lagotek HIP but dual channel Z-Wave put an end to that... I still have all the Astral kit.

Automated Home Jr Member

I second that. Excellent product in terms of quality, design, and reliability. I usually tell ppl, your walls will probably crack before your Astral switches fail! lol!!
    HadiEsper
    http://www.ShifraSmartHomes.com - First Z-wave Smart Home Automation Solution Provider in the Middle East