• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nad
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jul 2008

Security enhancement for when someon is at home alone

Hi all,

My Idratek install is growing quite nicley and my wife has been quite please with the way it just seems to work and haven't given us any grief, so while we were talking about it she asked if it would be possible to simulate presance in other rooms while she was in the kitchen.

This is because i have the light/ presance settings set pretty aggresively and wthin a few minutes of her going to the kitchen to make dinner all the other lights in the house go off.

So would it be possible to engage presance simulation for the whole house and then each room being over ridden by actual prasance but then this feature be completely disabled when you have more than one person in the house?

One option is to have small lamps in the rooms and have them all come on when it gets dark but then i'd need to run more mans wiring back to electricity cupboard to maintain my star wiring schema ... and the cupbord is getting a bit full as it is ... lol

As always, any thoughs, view and opinions are all welcomed.

Thanks,
    Nad
  • pdwarriner
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2008

Nad,

One option ( and I am sure others will come along ) may be to use a pre-programmed macro? You could set up a sequence of events that do this and perhaps other things like TV on via IR etc. the macro could then be triggered when your wife enters the kitchen.

Peter.

Comment

Working...
    X