Thread: Device for using with xAP Flash

Default Device for using with xAP Flash

Afternoon all,

I experimented briefly with Kevin's xAP for the Joggler until by device decided to give up the ghost and die. I've been reading some of the threads and want to give it another go but what device would people recommend?

Paul

I've got it working on my Android phone with a view to getting a tablet or two or three ......

There is only one small issue with using it on Android you will probably need to run an Apache web server or similar on your internal network to serve the required files to the device. Perhaps on your Cortex box, that's what I'm doing.

- Neil

tomkent45

Try on windows phone 7 devices. Windows devices are compatible with xap files. Try this link. http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-dow...ices-tutorial/

Quote Originally Posted by tomkent45 View Post
    Try on windows phone 7 devices. Windows devices are compatible with xap files. Try this link. http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-dow...ices-tutorial/
    Please prove me wrong, but I don't think this link has anything to do with the xAP Home Automation Protocol. For an explantion look here; http://www.xapautomation.org/index.p...ation_protocol

Perhaps Kevin may like to comment ?

- Neil
    Last edited by neilhooper; 28th March 2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Added link

nah - totally different thing .... we have no Windows Mobile apps I'm aware of - beyond any that might use a web interface...

K

I'd ignore TomKent - he seems to post up trivial OT stuff in order to boost the search ratings for the site in his signature.

No problem I do have a WP7 phone and was aware that flash is not available and that XAP install files are not the same as xAP the home-automation protocol. As it stands the only non-Joggler device I'd be thinking of is Android (hurry up Windows 8)

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_B View Post
    ..... As it stands the only non-Joggler device I'd be thinking of is Android (hurry up Windows 8)

Paul
    As I said above, I've got my Android phone working and I'm now starting to get to grips with the layouts etc.

- Neil