25th March 2012, 02:34 AM
I didn't want to have to bring down my only Cortex to play with this - plus doing so messes up my database information . The 8 bit counters in the hardware for my meter monitoring are very small and so they have to be read fairly frequently else they overflow and I lose logging data. ... hint hint IDRATek... ;-)
But of course I can only install the trial of Cortex once - and I have previously done this on both other machines I have available (and you need a new key anyway) and so I'm a bit stuck trying to get a test Cortex install for this...
I did take down my main system and load yours for a short while just now and I do see the behaviour you explain - I get one lamp CeilingRGBR9 that does send xAPBSC.infos every 10 secs. I network disabled two hardware devices that had you created.
I'll also try and take a longer look tomorrow and also see on Monday if I can get Vivian to supply an extension key for a week or so for one of the trials I have installed that have expired so I can avoid messing up my own system.
Last edited by Kevin; 25th March 2012 at 02:37 AM.
25th March 2012, 08:58 PM
I think you're basically right with your observations Neil, but it may well be just a 'no hardware' issue.
In my own setup most of my lighting is on C-Bus that I bought before IDRANet dimmers were available and so I hadn't noticed this . My lights were integrated into Cortex via a xAP automation object. I have some relay controlled loads within Cortex and they seem to work fine. However I just added some lighting loads on a real network enabled QLD4 and I see this same behaviour.
Cortex does not send info's at startup for the lights, nor it seems later in the periodic update, but as Vivian mentioned this will be a fix in the next release , if so all will be hunky dory again.
The info's at startup isn't itself the problem but Cortex does not respond to xAPBSC.query or xAPBSC.cmd messages targeted at these lights until they are changed locally via behaviour. Once changed manually they seem OK. I had thought the same was true even if you had hardware , but after saving my config and restarting it seems that query and cmd do work immediately.
Should query/cmd not respond then this leads of course to an inability to initially display status or control the lights from xAPFlash / xAP as you experienced.
Also it seems that manual editing of the output name in Cortex doesn't necessarily propogate to the xAP source name, but that may just be required restart issue.
All very fixable I feel - and well done for spotting it - I hope the next Cortex release gets it all working for you as you'd like whilst you're in your evaluation time.
Last edited by Kevin; 25th March 2012 at 09:15 PM.
25th March 2012, 10:14 PM
Automated Home Guru
I've responded to your email before I read this.
I'm hoping the update will be sooner rather than later as I'm just about to order hardware as soon as I can get a couple of other issues resolved.
26th March 2012, 06:46 PM
Vivian has already posted some fixes in 25.2.22 for some of these comments - (wow that's fast !) - I'm not sure if he also addresses the reporting without hardware - let me know ...
27th March 2012, 12:24 AM
Automated Home Guru
I've updated to 25.2.22 and all now works as expected.... Great news.