• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • themoffster
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2011

Power max plus wireless sensor "low battery" problem

Hi. I have a powemax plus system with various Pet PIR's (NEXT K985) however after 9months one is causing me problems.
    I'm the last few weeks it has started complaining of a "low battery". I've changed the battery (although it's meant to last 4 years and only done 9months) with a new one and after a day it started giving the same warning.

I've since swapped the battery with another sensor that doesn't give any warnings and again after a day the warnings started from the same sensor.

Can anyone suggest what to do? It's apparent it's not the battery an I have had to disable the warning beeps as it is driving me nuts.

If I take the cover off the sensor and them replace it immediately the alarm stops sending te low battery warning, but in the morning when I wake up it is back to telling me to "check system for trouble".
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Have you cleared the event log and trouble messages.
    You do this by arming then disarming the system. This clears any previously stored trouble messages. such as LOW Battery.
    To clear the event log.
    To get to the event log, first press the * button then enter you PIN code.
    Screen should say something like List Events now push next and you get to the clear event log press OK and then OFF and this will delete the event log.
    You may need to check that it has actually deleted as sometimes you think you have set something and you haven't.
    Hope this helps.
    You can download the install guide from www.visonic.com
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• themoffster
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Apr 2011

Thanks for the reply.

Strangely there was nothing to clear in the event log (no option to purge it) and I have been arming and disarming the system like normal for a few weeks now.
      I also ran a signal strength test and it was all good so we will see what happens in the next few days but for just now it is all good

Comment

• themoffster
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Apr 2011

Set the alarm again tonight and the sensor is saying low battery again.
        Any ideas?

Comment

• toscal
          • Oct 2005

Only other thing I can think of is maybe delete the sensor and re-install it.
          I have seen once before a sensor that had a dodgy RF board, but can't remember how I was able to narrow it down to this. I replaced RF board from another one which had a bad PIR sensor has worked fine for the last 3 years.
          IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
          Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
          X