Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uk style momentary wall switches!

Default Okay, here they are

Some pics as promised. I went for the screwless brushed steel plates and modules. Photos encosed show 3 module, 2 module and single module switches (i think 3 modules is max in a single gang plate). Again, have to say I am delighted with them, so much nicer in look, feel and use compared to the old clipsal momentary ones. Just to note on the photos
    's some touching up is required with a bit of the paintwork, so please excuse!!

Hope no one minds also, think a plug for the retailer is on order, as they were excellent, and really quick with order/delivery and excellent prices too. As I am based in cork, i generally expect a longer delay than usual for delivery of stuff from the uk, but these guys were brilliant!

http://www.alertelectrical.com/ they also were excellent with support via email and phone, if you ring, ask for Nathan!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Automated Home Sr Member Quinten's Avatar

Can I ask how they 'feel' when you press them? Do they require much force to press, or are they light? Do they make any noise when you press them?

I found the MK grid switches I have to heavy to push, and the ones I now have from Crabtree look horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinten View Post
    Can I ask how they 'feel' when you press them? Do they require much force to press, or are they light? Do they make any noise when you press them?

I found the MK grid switches I have to heavy to push, and the ones I now have from Crabtree look horrendous.
    Hi quinten,

I would say they are as close in feel to a standard on/off switch as you can get! The only point you notice a difference is when they spring back at you! The old clipsal ones were also very stiff to the point you almost had to lean your weight in against them to switch them on/off

Sound? Not sure how I would describe it except that it wasn't something that struck me at all until you brought it up which prob means they sound normal I suppose! What I would do before taking the plunge perhaps is just order a sample switch and plate etc!

Regards
    Eamon

Default noise/sound

Hi Quinten,

Thought a short clip might help give an idea of the sound you get from the modules:-

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1z...VprVkxfZ1g0Y0U

Automated Home Sr Member Quinten's Avatar

Thanks, that gives me a good feeling as to how they sound. Not too dissimilar to the Crabtree switches I have, but miles better looking

Automated Home Lurker JeremyOlm's Avatar

I still remember a previous house that my estate agent brought me for a viewing. The house was beautifully designed with modern concept which looks bright and airy. The ambience was very welcoming and had a cozy feeling to it. The light switches were all unique too just like the ones you have shared here. Unfortunately, we did not buy that particular house due to some personal reasons. Nevertheless, it did manage to capture our hearts.
    Jeremy Olm

Automated Home Lurker

I'm having real trouble finding some reasonably priced momentary wall switches. Why are these so hard to find? Which switches are people using with their micro dimmers?