• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hilljd00
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jul 2008

Home automation

Hi guys I'm back :-)

I'm after a home automation setup that I can control my lights and my blinds via voice command.

I cannot really lay cables etc so I would only consider a wireless setup, not x10.

If possible my front door entry system through my TV (media center). I also read about the key/fingerprint door lock, could anyone tell me more?

Regards,
    Jon
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Have a look at Homeseer. This has voice recognition. You will need to teach it. It does work straight out of the box so to speak, but it works much better after you have spent an hour or two teaching it your voice. Then you designate words or phrases to an operation, such as the phrase "computer close blinds" would then send the command to close blinds.
    Homeseer has plugins for many HA systems.
    The problem with voice control is that it can be hit and miss,especially in a noisy room. so if you have the TV on it may or may not work. Plus I have always found a delay from saying the command to the command actually happening. This is more a function of computer speed and possibly memory. So you will need a decent PC. Check out the Homeseer forums and knowledge base.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X