• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marc
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2004

SVX10 X10 Signal Amplifier/Repeater

Anyone used one of these? I hear conflicting reports on their performance.

Also, does it literally repeat everything? So if a flash module send A1 ON for example, will I see A1 ON, A1 ON? e.g everything repeated twice?

Would be interested in hearing any experienced.. especially since I'm not going to be able to afford an XTB anytime soon
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Anyone used one of these? I hear conflicting reports on their performance.

Also, does it literally repeat everything? So if a flash module send A1 ON for example, will I see A1 ON, A1 ON? e.g everything repeated twice?
    No.
    It does not work like that.
    The SVX10 is a signal repeater which amplifies the X-10 signals it receives to their maximum value of 5V.
    You can also programme it to amplify all the X-10 messages it receives or just the messages sent on specific house codes. This is very useful, as you can limit what it amplifies. It is possible to program more than one house code. By default it is set to all 16 house codes.
    Placement of the SVX10 is very important, so you may need to play around to find the ideal location. Normally it should be fitted in or near the consumer unit.
    I still have some adapters available that convert a micro module (like the SVX10) into a din rail mount. You just clip the module into the adapter,making for an easy install in the consumer unit.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Marc
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2004

Interesting.. so worth buying then?

Where does one buy the adapters? They sound perfect for mounting in my CU

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Send me a pm and I can give you the details etc.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
        X