X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Loxone mini server

Mainly for Bailers (aka Chris I think). Unless anyone else has one.
    How are you finding your Loxone Miniserver. The reason I am asking is that we are currently designing a lighting project for the outside of a house and the client wants it to be automated. and the Loxone device kind of fits the bill.
    So how easy is it to program. And how much space does it take up in a din rail cabinet.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog
  • philipp.schuster
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2012

Hi Toscal,

Mark brought your post to my attention, so I thought I would join this forum, which I had planed for a long time and write my first post. Even though I think I have already sent an email to you answering various questions about LED control via DMX.

Before any one acuses me of being biased I woudl like to openly point out that I head up all operations of Loxone in the UK, so OF COURSE I am biased If I was not totally convinced by our own products, I would not have them in my house and be running the UK branch of our business.

That out the way let me start by answering your second question. The Miniserver is in a T-9 case, so takes up 9 units on a DIN rail. If you woudl like to knwo what this is in cm, then please refer to the dimensional drawing on the following page: Miniserver

I won't comment on the first part of your question as you can guess what I will say, but if you would like to make up your own mind then you can download our configuration software for free and use our video tutorials and online seminars to help you get started.

Hope this helps,

Philipp
    Home Automation Enthusiast and Head of Loxone in the UK.

Get the latest news on facebook, google+ or twitter!

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

Thanks Philipp, and yes you guessed correctly that it was me you sent the email to.

I guess I have quite a bit of learning to do, but at least the install won't be happening until April 2013 which gives me the time needed to learn about the Miniserver.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• philipp.schuster
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Oct 2012

Hi Toscal,

You are welcome. We have got a partner in Spain (Francesc), who runs training courses in Spain, so if you want something that is a little more structured than the online seminars and tutorials on our website, then please get in touch with him.

P.
        Home Automation Enthusiast and Head of Loxone in the UK.

Get the latest news on facebook, google+ or twitter!

Comment

• bailers
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2010

Hi Toscal, I have been off the home automation radar for a short while however in the last two weeks I have got round to installing my Loxone miniserver. So far I have connected my 4 kitchen/diner lighting circuits and I am about to connect a further 3 lighting circuits in the lounge.
          So far so good. The miniserver has not failed me once. I had some trouble when setting up due to my Avast anti virus software on my laptop but once I disabled this when uploading my program's it was all good.
          I am using click retractive switches from scolmore which have mega WAF.
          I am about to purchase a dimmer extension for some of my lighting and also an additional 2 extensions for the middle and upper floors.
          I have not really tested my Loxone system enough to give a full review however so far the results have beaten my zwave, x10, ByeByeStandby, homeeasy and Homeseer previous systems. I would recommend to anyone planning on installing to run at least double your planned cat5 cables and also wire all lighting back to a node zero or in node zero, one and two as I have decided to wire each floor separately to avoid a messy node zero under the stairs. This will also cut cable costs.
          I f you have any questions I would be glad to answer them. I plan to somehow document my installation and when finished I will gladly show fellow enthusiasts around the system.

Comment

• toscal
            • Oct 2005

Don't forget to take lots of during, and after photos.And thanks for your reply.
            Just been playing with the config software at the moment.
            Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• bailers
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Nov 2010

Will do, I intend on putting something together to assist fellow automators in their quest for control! The only criticism of the loxone which could be considered a positive by some is that the iPhone/iPad interface is not customisable. I would like to interface it with my av but feel I don't have enough flexibility with the GUI. I was thinking of using some third party app like command fusion and control the loxone by udp/tcp but it is something I would have to learn as I go.

Comment

Working...
              X