• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smoothquark
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2009

AUI and Skype

Still playing with my AUI! I have now got most things working. The AUI calls my android phone when the doorbell is pressed via skype (skype running alongside cortex and skype client on my android). Cortex does not seem to want to initiate a video call though even though "send video" is set to "always" in the skype logic object. If I manually select "send video" in the skype app then the video is sent. I wonder if there is some tweaking necessary with the Cortex-to-Skype messaging? Help and suggestions appreciated.
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

Perplexed us for a while as it seemed to be working ok at our end but then found a machine were it didn't and looks like the reason was Skype was at version 5 on this machine. When updated to present V6 it worked fine. Haven't searched Skype detail but guess is that V5 (or earlier variants of V5 perhaps) may not have supported the Video Send directive, though it didn't error it.

Comment

• smoothquark
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Oct 2009

Yes, works with V6 now. However, using skype to "call" my android is just too slow to be usable. Admittedly, it is only meant to be used when the house is unoccupied, whilst I am trying to integrate video as an intercom whilst occupied. Planning to try something else this weekend - a piece of software for androids to be a virtual soundcard.

Comment

• Andrew Millne
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Nov 2007

Did you ever get this fully working? The time from pushing the button to receiving the skype call is very short for me. The issue I'm having is on answer, the connection is immediately dropped and cortex reports "call finished"
        Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...

Comment

• Andrew Millne
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Andrew Millne View Post
          Did you ever get this fully working? The time from pushing the button to receiving the skype call is very short for me. The issue I'm having is on answer, the connection is immediately dropped and cortex reports "call finished"
          Just an update to this one in case anybody encounters it. This appears to have been caused by me having two microphones enabled in the sound mixer.
          Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...

Comment

Working...
          X