• Show
Clear All
  • Lcdxr01
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2012

SC9000 and mains fail

Hi. Newbie question.
    I.m just about to buy the SC9000 to manage a CH boiler and water heater

Can the SC9000 be configured for mains fail ?
    I understand it has battery backup, so if the mains fails, I'd like to programme the unit to call a preset unnumbered and play the recorded message Mains fail. I've read somewhere it can do this but can't get back to the same Document.

Also I need to include a hemp sensor that also calls a number if the temp drops below say 5 deg C
    Can this be done as well ?

Thanks
    Dave
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Need to check the manual for the first one. But the easiest way to do the second one would be to get an old bi-metalic thermostst and connect it to one of the wired inputs. Then set it to 5șC. Try testing it with a switch connected to one of the wire inputs. To see if you get the desired result. Then replace with the mentioned bi-metallic thermostat.
    You can only record one message. Plus you need to program all 4 numbers in to get it to work. Just program the same number into each slot.
    I do have a brand new SC28E in its box which is similar to the SC9000 but also has digimax thermostat compatability. Send me a pm and I can send you more details and a price. I may even have a spare digimax thermostat but would need to look in the storeroom.
    Last edited by toscal; 19 November 2012, 09:23 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Lcdxr01
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2012

Hi did you get PM ?
      Would be interested in kit and don't understand significance of E, does this relate to SW version ?

Dave

Comment

Working...
      X