• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pbj
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Jul 2004

Misunderstanding general logic gates

Hi all,

Currently the lights in the hall operate based on presence to come on at a dim level (15%) to help me avoid falling over hurdles that the kids leave in place. This is great, but (as ever) I fancy a bit more! I'd light the lights to come on brightly based on presence if the lights are on brightly in any of the three rooms which connect to the hall. I was hoping to use the multiplexer logic gate connected to the dimmers' "set value (output)" for the lights in those rooms. Then have a threshold gate to select a different scene level for the hall lights connected to the maximum output of the multiplexer.

Unfortunately dimmer circuits don't appear as a possible input for either gate. I presumed that as the gates were analogue they'd allow the "set value (input)". I've obviously got the wrong end of the stick. Help!

Peter
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

I think this is one of those asymmetrical connections, i.e if you can't connect from the gate side then try connect from the dimmer side. So: you can set up your multiplexer gate and give it an appropriate name then visit the More connections for each dimmer and add a connection to the multiplexer via the Set level (output) connection box - ensure that you select the Value filter option and that then should bring up the multiplexer gate as a connectable object. I'll leave the rest to you and you can then perhaps let us know if it achieves the required result in the end.

Comment

• pbj
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Jul 2004

Thanks Karam, works a treat!

I needed two thresholds in the end one with the "trigger on true" set and one with the "trigger on false" set to flip between the two scene levels I was after.

Comment

Working...
      X