• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novecento
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jul 2010

Visonic Powermaster-30 with GSM-350 PG2 problem

After spending two evenings configuring, enrolling and mounting all the 10 door contacts, 2 PIR sensors, KP-160 keypad, keyfobs and external alarm everything worked as designed except the the system can't detect the GSM-350 PG2 module (with and without SIM card insalled)

I did a Diagnostic test (Installer Menu -> 07: Diagnostics -> GSM/GPRS) and the result returned the message "GSM not found".

I reported the problem to the dealer and I got a RMA replacement GSM-350 Module.

Now, after installing replacement GSM module, the Powermaster-30 still can't detect the GSM module. The Diagnostics still shows "GSM not found"

Yes, I took all precautions of disabling the mains and the battery pack power to the Control Panel before installing the GSM-350 module.

Is there something else I should be doing or is the Control Panel itself faulty?? Perhaps a jumper in the panel or I need a RS-232 module as well? I am at my wits end trying to figure out what can go wrong with such simple installation. I am trying to avoid Factory Reset and lose all the devices configuration.

I am also in contact with the dealer and waiting for a reply.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

I know that the gsm sim card needs to have the pin code removed. Otherwise it won't detect a signal properly. Just insert the SIM card into your phone and change the security settings to no pin code.
    I have often been caught out with the Powermax panels, and I think a setting has been accepted and when I recheck it hasn't. So it might be worth rechecking all the settings.
    A factory reset might be the best thing to do and install the GSM module first.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Novecento
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by toscal View Post
      I know that the gsm sim card needs to have the pin code removed. Otherwise it won't detect a signal properly. Just insert the SIM card into your phone and change the security settings to no pin code.
      I have often been caught out with the Powermax panels, and I think a setting has been accepted and when I recheck it hasn't. So it might be worth rechecking all the settings.
      A factory reset might be the best thing to do and install the GSM module first.
      No, my Powermaster-30 PG2 can't even detect the module. I suspect the main panel itself is faulty. It can't be that the replaced module is also not detected, unless I have received the GSM-350 for Powermax Pro and not the PG2 version.

GSM 350_V2 +Python
      Model: GSM-350 ATS4
      IC: 1467C-GE864

is printed on the label on my GSM module.

In desperation, I've decided do to a Factory Default reset yesterday and re-enroll the sensors and reprogrammed the panel but still the diagnostics show "GSM not found"

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

As you suspect it sounds like the panel maybe at fault. Has the dealer come back with any other suggestions.
        Also I now see that my advice on the pin code doesn't actually matter for this module, as you can now change the pin code settings via the Powermax panel.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
        X