• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • col
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2009

HRT4-ZW and Indigo

Hi,
    I would like to control my heating and hot water via Indigo so I purchased a HRT4-ZW thermostat and 7 day timer (scp 317) from Vesternet http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-secu...oom-thermostat

The timer looked identical to the centaurplus c27 timer that I already have (complete with a wired room thermostat) , I was hoping that I could just swap the Z-wave timer with the c27 and all seemed to work (in terms of display and communication with the HRT4) except that the boiler wouldn't fire manually or with the HRT4.

Does it just need some rewiring or have I bought the wrong thing? would it need to control the hot water and the heating as my non Z-Wave timer does?

Thanks for any help.
  • Mark Onions
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2013

Hi,

The Secure 7-day timer is designed to only work with the Secure Thermostat. It cannot be included into a Z-Wave network. It uses Z-Wave only to communicate with the Secure thermostat, but cannot itself be communicated to by other Z-Wave devices. So you will not be able to communicate with it using Indigo.

Have you associated the thermostat directly with the 7-day timer (as per the Secure user manual)? That should enable you to control it by changing the thermostat's setpoint.

Is the thermostat already in your Z-Wave network - if so this may be the issue.

You can also email me directly to resolve this issue quickly and figure out the best solution.

Mark
    Vesternet
    Mark
    Vesternet
    www.vesternet.com

Comment

• col
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Dec 2009

Hi Mark,
      The HRT4 part works with Indigo and the secure scp317, what I don't know how to do is change my old timer and thermostat over to Z-Wave, as the scp317 looks the same as the old non Z-wave timer, I was hoping to just swap it over.

Comment

• Mark Onions
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Feb 2013

Hi,

The SCP318 includes a 6-pin back plate, and if your existing controller also includes this back plate then swapping them over should be easy.

However, one thing that may complicate this is that the SCP318 (like the Secure 1-channel receiver) does not include an internal live connection to the switch contacts. This allows it to be used as a "Dry" switch for Combi boilers.

If your system needs a live feed, then you just need to put in a link wire, this guide should help you understand this - http://www.vesternet.com/resources/a...-notes/apnt-39

But make sure that your system does need a live feed before adding the link wire.

I also have the SCP381 wiring manual, if you email me your details, I can email it over to you ([email protected]) - I'll also have this added to the site.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

~ Mark
        Last edited by Mark Onions; 24 September 2013, 01:36 PM.
        Mark
        Vesternet
        www.vesternet.com

Comment

• col
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Dec 2009

For anyone reading this, I have to say the support from Vesternet has been fantastic.

Thanks Mark for all the effort you put in.

Colin

Comment

• Otto-Mate
            Founder
            • Jan 2004

Col, thanks for taking time to leave that feedback for Mark at Vesternet. People are quick to complain these days but rarely compliment good service.

Regards

M.
            Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
            www.twitter.com/ottomate
            www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

Working...
            X