• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamesbarratt
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2013

worcester greenstar 24i junior pressure problem

Hi, the pressure gauge on my greenstar 24i junior has fallen to below 1 bar, resulting in the obvious hot water problems. I have tried refilling the system using the allocated key, but to no avail. It seems to be inserted properly, but just turns fully without anything happening. Next to the key seems to be a small square head of a valve stop****, I am not entirely sure. I have absolutely no experience with boiler technicalities, I dont want to start fiddling with things I dont know about, nor do I want to call someone out for what I am sure is a simple problem. I have attached a pictures of the system in question, if anyone could give some help I would be very grateful.

Thanking you kindly,
    James
    Attached Files
  • biccies
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2012

I'm by no means expert but with the several boilers I've had experience with: Filling up the circuit has always been done by a black 'tap' connected to a silver looking flexi pipe.
    Looks like:
    100000_99961_23784_34134285_thumb.jpg

Seems strange you need a specific key to do a rather mundane task.

Comment

• jamesbarratt
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2013

Hi, thanks for the response. i have also found that it has always been the same, black tap on a flexi pipe. I couldnt find one, and also couldnt make sense of the boiler manual so I checked online and a few people said that this was the filling valve for this model. The key was already inserted, but doesnt seem to do anything, I'm just wonderering if there is a seperate cut off valve that needs to be released as an extra measure.

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

I think the key is actually in a holder and you need to move it to the white square looking thing on the left in the first photo.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
        X