• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcaswell
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2012

Anyone got experience of new Honeywell evohome in operation

I am considering using the new Honeywell evohome system, with 16 radiator control kits, 3 room control sensors and the boiler control system. Has anyone got any experience of this system in operation, and any comments or recommendations to make?
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

Hi jcaswell

We had our evohome installed last week. We'll be publishing the review in another few weeks but for now I can tell you that so far everything is going great.

M.
    Last edited by Otto-Mate; 22 March 2014, 08:04 PM.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• jcaswell
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Sep 2012

Otto-Mate - thank you for this, and I look forward to reading about your experience.

Are you able to tell me:

1. Did you use a knowledgeable plumber to help you get the right parts
      2. Did you buy direct, and if so, where from?

Comment

• Otto-Mate
        Founder
        • Jan 2004

Here you go jcaswell

Search for your nearest evo approved installer here - http://www.honeywelluk.com/homeowner...-an-installer/

System builder will help you determine what kit you need - http://sb.evohome.honeywell.com/

Where to buy - http://evohome.honeywelluk.com/merchants-local.php

M.

www.twitter.com/ottomate

Comment

• MalcolmSu
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Mar 2014

Not all the online stockists listed by Honeywell seem to be carrying the range yet. There’s also quite a bit of variability in stock and prices. The cheapest seem to be Plumb Arena who had stock of everything except the HR92s at the weekend but now almost everything is shown as “pre-order”. Our local Plumb Center is showing as having one HR92 in stock right now but at £91.20 compared with £59.99 at Plumb Arena…

I’ve just ordered the Evohome Base Pack - ATP921G2080 with Wall Mount Kit ATF300. The Evohome Mobile Access Kit - RFG100. The Evohome Hot Water Kit - ATF500DHW and the Receiver - BDR91A1000. I’ll order some TRVs later. I haven't had confirmation from Plumb Arena yet so not sure what their actual stock situation is.

My nearest Honeywell recommended installer is 25 miles away so I’m currently on the hunt for a local electrician to help install the Receiver and Hot Water Kit.

Comment

• jcaswell
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Sep 2012

Otto-Mate - thanks for getting back so quickly. I have tried to use the System Builder supplied by Honeywell to work out what I need, but I have found two problems with it:

1. It does not scale to my size of house. I do not have a particularly big one (5 bedrooms), but it tells me to refer to the Honeywell service desk
            2. I would like to create a couple of Zones for rooms with more than one radiator, with a thermostat for the room rather than using the individual TRVs. It does not help with that.

However, OK as far as it goes, however

Comment

• jcaswell
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Sep 2012

MalcolmSu - thank you for the information. I think that I will be doing what you are doing in a couple of months or so, when the weather is warmer (in case everything goes wrong). Please post updates with your progress.

Comment

• Otto-Mate
                Founder
                • Jan 2004

System builder isn't fault proof but should give you a better idea of what you want. We merged a couple of our old HomeTronic zones to get to 12 - although I believe you can join 2 evohome controllers to do more than 12. You cannot have a zone made up of an underfloor circuit and a radiator currently.

Some of the hardware is in short supply, particularly the HR92's as they try to meet demand.

M.

www.twitter.com/ottomate

Comment

• mmca22gr
                  • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Otto-Mate View Post
                  Hi jcaswell

We had our evohome installed last week. We'll be publishing the review in another few weeks but for now I can tell you that so far everything is going great.

M.
                  Mark,

I am in Belfast and moving house next week to a house which needs a total heating revamp - who did you get to install? or did you DIY?

Comment

• Otto-Mate
                    Founder
                    • Jan 2004

Hi Michael

The guys from www.i-home.co.uk fitted our original HomeTronic system and did the change over to the new evohome too.

M.

www.twitter.com/ottomate

Comment

• Jibet
                      Automated Home Lurker
                      • Jul 2014

Hi,
                      I've also installed the evohome myself, and I must say it was so easy to install that I wonder why I waited so much to do it myself. Having done it myself also allows me to look or troubleshoot the system. So far I haven't had any issue with it. The internet relay was also fairly easy to use.
                      I just have one regret: I find a bit a shame that the evohome controller only last about one hour on battery. It thus must be plugged all the tme. I will thus install it wall mounted. But in that case I wonder why I cannot link it with a wire to the boiler relay, so that when there is a problem with the radio waves, it would not affect the controller and the relay (more reliable).
                      Jibet
                      Last edited by Jibet; 21 July 2014, 09:07 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Whisperer
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Mar 2014

Help please with the mobile app name

I am in the process of upgrading my early Honeywell system to the Evohome. My first system relied on zone valves to give me a 'living', 'sleeping' and a 'common' zone, the last of these meant that this circuit was permanently available to heat if either of the earlier zones made a demand for heat. The common zone comprised toilets, bathrooms and hallway/corridor.

I then upgraded to use the CM67Z as my controller of the system instead of zone valves, I used 3 of these to give me 6 zones in all basically still utilising the concept of the 3 zones aforementioned but it meant that I could split the living zone rads into two zones and the kitchen was no longer overheated! Similarly the bedrooms were split into occupied and guest 'zones' using the HR80UK to all radiators.

One of the nicest things about this system was when the heating was turned right down in Summer and a cold day occurred with the bathroom requiring heat, the ability to override the requirement manually on the HR80 valves. This is of course available on the newer HR92 even when the Evohome controller 'quick action' is set to Off.

I managed to get 4 of the HR92 and replaced 4 of my older HR80 rad valves, they are a major improvement of the 80's and, with the promise of twice the battery life, an excellent buy. All in all I have 13 rads but two of them are in the same bedroom so they are both bound to the same 'zone' in the Evohome.

I have just purchased and installed the wall mount kit and the gateway. I now have one problem in that I cannot find the 'remote control comfort europe' app for the Android smartphone, any help with that would be appreciated ie its actual name in the Play Store.

@Jibet - With regard the battery 'problem' - it will last longer than 1 hour, it just starts complaining thereabouts.
                        With regards the relay that takes the power to the boiler - it does not have to be next to the boiler (mine is under the stairs and roughly in the heart of the house). With its position it can receive the signals from any of the radiators, and I have installed the Evohome controller wall mount box close to the relay with the second power supply (supplied) in the Lounge where I can manually change temperatures as required.

Comment

• roydonaldson
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Jan 2013

You need: Total Connect Comfort Europe.

Comment

• Jibet
                            Automated Home Lurker
                            • Jul 2014

Hi,
                            The app is named Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Europe. It requires Android 4 or above. If you don't find it, maybe you have an old device. On my phone, an HTC Desire for instance, it does not work. On any recent android phone, you'll find it easily.
                            Cheers,
                            Jibet
                            Last edited by Jibet; 10 August 2014, 06:56 PM. Reason: android 4 instead of 3

Comment

• Whisperer
                              Automated Home Lurker
                              • Mar 2014

Many thanks Ray and Jibet for your replies, @Jibet I guess my phone is pre Android 3 (Samsung Galaxy Ace S5839i) It is just coming up for renewal in a month or so, I guess I will have to wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X