Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950

Thread: Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Automated Home Jr Member

Yet it is crashing very hard

But with hardware turned off no problem at all.

Are you also using Domoticz?

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMan View Post
    Yet it is crashing very hard

But with hardware turned off no problem at all.

Are you also using Domoticz?
    Not really. I detached my fork of Domoticz close to three years ago to save myself from the frustrating hassle of trying to communicate with the Domoticz project owner to get code updates approved. Quick check shows that the code used in Domoticz is some 40+ commits behind on my evohomeclient project which includes a change in the Evohome API key and associated required code changes (renamed fields and data formats). I suppose it is possible that Honeywell invalidated the old API key just recently as they already implied aiming to do around two years ago but I'm not real sure what response they could be generating now that would cause the older Domoticz module to crash.

Automated Home Jr Member

I understand your frustrations. If i had the choice now, i'd probably opt for an alternative.

On this specific item though, i did manage to fix it.
    Might help others.

Seems i've pressed a button too many and added a 'hot water' steering.
    Took a while to figure it out. But it was fixed quite simple.

I've deleted the installation from mytotalconnectcomfort.
    Somehow at the moment the login is only available in UK and Ireland. But it works.

There i've deleted and re-added the installation. Everything is working fine now.

Automated Home Ninja

So the old key still works?

Don't really know about the hot water device (`DHW`). I don't have one myself but I know people have been running the EvohomeWeb module with DHW for quite some time. Reason that I know is because I was granted access to one such user's totalconnect account because initially there was indeed a problem with the part of the code that processed the DHW info.

Automated Home Jr Member

So it seems. No issues anymore at the moment. But it's a ticking timebomb it seems ;-)

Will have a look at your project. And/or switch to NodeRed.

Automated Home Guru

Hi – am looking to set up a series of simple POSTMAN requests that will let me update my schedules with some saved replacements such as Summer, Family get together, normal etc. Whilst I am familiar with APIs I am not looking to have a prog such as python, c# etc do this as it is fairly infrequent and POSTMAN can simply do the job – so I want to keep simples ��
    I have found documentation at Reference - Total Connect Comfort Web API Help Page (mytotalconnectcomfort.com) and looked at the various resources in this thread. I have created the POSTMAN POST to https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/WebApi/api/session using "applicationId": "91db1612-73fd-4500-91b2-e63b069b185c" and get back my session id. However, as with most API documentation I have accessed in my professional capacity, it is never written in a straight forward manner and takes some wading through. The samples on the my total connect are well “somewhat lacking”.
    So I am wondering if anyone may have created a POSTMAN collection or other set of JSON examples that would allow me to set the schedules (and any other activities that you may happened to have created �� rather than me continue to wade through the docs. Yep being a tad lazy but also could help others who maybe want to do similar and aren’t allowed any more tech in the home (I have been told!!)
    Many thanks in advance