Event Scheduler, DFP menu to disable/enable an event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcuslee
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2009

Event Scheduler, DFP menu to disable/enable an event?

Hi All,

Planning to have the scheduler open some black out blinds for a room, everyday at sunrise.

However want the ability to DFP Menu it, such that if someone is staying over in the room, to disable the event (and then at some point in future to re-enable it).

Is this possible?
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

Should be, and hopefully also to make it automatic. I have done something similar though a bit more complex than this somewhere - where the blinds close if it is bright enough AND the room temperature is above a certain value but also gated by presence (i.e doesn't do it if someone is in the house in this case). I'll have to look it up but I think I essentially used a macro to help with the decision making and final blind triggering, then I used the enable/disable macro connection to prevent recurrances until the next day. So off the top of my head I guess your scheduler triggers the macro but the macro is then enabled or disabled via the menu and/or room presence.

Do you have to use the scheduer though? Wouldn't an outside light level sensor be better?

Comment

• marcuslee
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Karam View Post
      Should be, and hopefully also to make it automatic. I have done something similar though a bit more complex than this somewhere - where the blinds close if it is bright enough AND the room temperature is above a certain value but also gated by presence (i.e doesn't do it if someone is in the house in this case). I'll have to look it up but I think I essentially used a macro to help with the decision making and final blind triggering, then I used the enable/disable macro connection to prevent re-occurrences until the next day. So off the top of my head I guess your scheduler triggers the macro but the macro is then enabled or disabled via the menu and/or room presence.

Do you have to use the scheduer though? Wouldn't an outside light level sensor be better?
      Apologies, you're quite right, it would be outside light level sensor connected!

Thanks for reply, enable/disable macro connection sounds like the way forward.

Comment

Working...
      X