What makes an outdoor PIR and outdoor PIR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcuslee
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2009

What makes an outdoor PIR and outdoor PIR?

Hi All,

I've been using an Idratek PLT module under the porch, for temperature, and PIR to turn on the light when needed.

However I've just noticed that the motion sense has been going nuts to the rate of say 550 detected events in an hour, during the day.

I think it must be heated related (having now moved all the plants which could move out of the way and bar graph of events)?

Assuming this is correct, is this a case of one should be using an "outdoor PIR" instead / what makes an outdoor PIR and outdoor PIR?

Insight appreciated,

Marcus
  • marcuslee
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by marcuslee View Post
    Hi All,

I've been using an Idratek PLT module under the porch, for temperature, and PIR to turn on the light when needed.

However I've just noticed that the motion sense has been going nuts to the rate of say 550 detected events in an hour, during the day.

I think it must be heated related (having now moved all the plants which could move out of the way and bar graph of events)?

Assuming this is correct, is this a case of one should be using an "outdoor PIR" instead / what makes an outdoor PIR and outdoor PIR?
    Hmm I think I might withdraw this query, as I think this might be mystery solved (though I'll check it out again tomorrow).

Returning this evening, I see the cause - a bit of fluff/web caught on the PIR sensor, which evidently has been triggering it like crazy.

Lesson learned there for myself, when getting someone remotely to remove plants from under a PIR sensor, don't overlook the obvious of asking them to look up at the sensor also!

Comment

• Viv
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by marcuslee View Post
      Hi All,

what makes an outdoor PIR and outdoor PIR?

Marcus
      Defining what an object is used for helps the Alarm Pro object build the connections for you.
      So in the case of PIR's knowing where they are located inside or out helps allocate these objects and behave differently towards them.

Similarly the Digital input object and the On/Off load object can define its purpose. This allocates a default icon but it can be overriden. Again it can help automatically make alarm Pro connections.

Viv

Comment

Working...
      X