• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • linzello
    • May 2014

Simple Alarm

Hi,

This may be an impossible request, but does anyone know if there a really simple alarm system that I can arm just by pressing one button?

Disarming it would ideally be tied to unlocking the front door.

Many thanks,
    Owen
  • Vangelis
    Automated Home Guru
    • Sep 2009

Hey Owen,

Although you are after a 'Simple Alarm', it's purpose is to protect your home, and therefore needs to have some sophistication, mainly in operation and disarming.

Having a simple switch mechanism tied to the door unlock as an example to perform the disarm is too easily bypassed. This is not to say that this will be your ultimate solution, but you need to think more about it.

There are loads of ways you could think of, such as 'Phone Proximity Disarm' or 'RFID' etc, that will provide more security and identify the user in the process.

I am not familar with Loxone so there maybe a function that you can use, however alot of Automaters keep the security system as a dedciate, separate system so as it is not affected by any automation hardware issues.

Vangelis

Comment

• Omid Nikroo
      • May 2014

Hi Owen,

As mentioned by Vangelis - the simpler the mechanism to disarm, the less secure the system.
      The way we do alarms at Loxone allows arming to be as simple as you would like - be it through a single button by the door, a triple click of the hallway light switch as you head out the door, a button on your phone. However you like, any input can be the arming for the alarm.

As for disarming, you would like something secure. As an example, we have a unique identifier tag called an iButton (nothing to do with Apple!), which you can just touch to a reader and disarm the alarm.

If you would like to opt for a separate security system - there are alarm panels out there that integrate pretty well with other automation systems.
      More specifically, Texecom is a great NACOS approved panel that allows for great integration.

All the best.
      Loxone.com

Comment

• linzello
        • May 2014

Hi Vangelis,

Thanks for your feedback. I think you misunderstood my question. What I was really asking was:
        Can alarms be disarmed by a single input, such as an RFID tag (could also be the mechanism for unlocking the front door)?

I'm guessing that a lot of alarm systems come with a panel where you have to key in a code and that is the only way to deactivate them.
        Is the case? Or can I wire up all alarm systems to an external control such as RFID, finger print reader etc.?

Many thanks,
        Owen

Comment

• linzello
          • May 2014

Hi Omid,

Thanks for your post. I'll have a look into Texecom.

Owen

Comment

• Vangelis
            Automated Home Guru
            • Sep 2009

No problem.

You will find alot of panels now have an RFID proximity ready build in to the remote keypad allowing for exactly what your after. Texecom would be a good start (as already mentioned)

Comment

Working...
            X