• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexc
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2013

Is X10 still viable with Idratek?

I have a few X10 modules that could be interfaced with Idratek, rather than waste them. I have a CM12U interface (serial). Idratek used to have an XGW interface, but I can't find that on the website now (apart from the data sheet). X10 have an XM10 and a CM15, but I'm not sure whether these interface.

The new Home Easy RTX module looks a way forward to control, for example, a lamp plugged into a socket where cabling for Idratek is impractical. However, they don't do a mains socket switch (only a plug in dimmer).

Any suggestions?
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

There was little demand for the XGW module (and X10 in general) so we stopped making it some years ago. However you can still use the direct PC serial interface route if you have a PC that supports this.

The HomeEasy route is 'better', but I'm not sure what you mean about them not doing a mains socket switch? They have units like the HE202, HE302 or HE830 (or whatever the latest model number is) which are wall socket switching adapters. Sometimes you may have to get these in a pack together with their handheld remote control and this might have a different model number than the individual adapters.

Comment

• Alexc
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Apr 2013

Ah! Yes, I've found those units now. I had only looked at the 'receivers' section on their website, but all the socket switches are in kits with remotes. That seems a good option - thanks.

Comment

• Gumby
        • May 2004

I had endless problems with the infamous CM12U lockup issue and never managed to resolve them. I was on the brink of drilling a bunch of cooling vents in the case when I decided it just wasn't worth it. I even had the CM12U connected to a relay controlled socket so it could be periodically disconnected from power in an attempt to reboot it. Didn't help.
        ----------------------
        www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• neilhooper
          Automated Home Guru
          • Oct 2008

I'd give up on X10. I did years ago, endless problems when one minute it would work and the next it wouldn't. Installed Idratek, never looked back.

Comment

• Alexc
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Apr 2013

Thanks. X10 modules now on eBay!

Comment

Working...
            X