• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scrappy042
    • Apr 2024

Playstation Automation

Hi,
    I have a Z-Wave setup with IR Blaster etc. to control Sky box and TV remotely.

How does the Playstation 3 get turned on? Obviously the PS button on the controller is pressed and it starts up. Is this Bluetooth? WiFi? RF?

Is there anything out there, preferably Z-Wave compatible, that can turn the PS3 console on and off remotely without using the controller?
  • TimH
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Scrappy042 View Post
    Hi,
    I have a Z-Wave setup with IR Blaster etc. to control Sky box and TV remotely.

How does the Playstation 3 get turned on? Obviously the PS button on the controller is pressed and it starts up. Is this Bluetooth? WiFi? RF?

Is there anything out there, preferably Z-Wave compatible, that can turn the PS3 console on and off remotely without using the controller?
    I *assume* it's bluetooth, but don't know for sure.
    As well as the game controllers there's also the DVD controller - a more conventional looking remote control which is more intuitive to use when watching films, iPlayer, etc. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlaySta...remote+control)
    At worst you could hack one of those to initiate the PS button press.

Does the PS3 support wake on LAN (WOL) ?
    A quick google reveals a few things that look like it might, but I haven't tried it myself.

HTH,
    Tim.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

• Scrappy042

That's great to know thanks.
      I can probably tweak the IR blaster to work with the DVD remote... Watch this space.

Comment

• TimH
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Scrappy042 View Post
        That's great to know thanks.
        I can probably tweak the IR blaster to work with the DVD remote... Watch this space.
        Ahh, I my not have been so clear - the DVD remote works just like a game controller, so via bluetooth (or whatever).
        There's no IR receiver on the PS3 box itself.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
        X