• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trickster77
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Aug 2014

Automated lighting for home

Hello, I require some help with my home lighting. I am new to home automaton.

I wish to install some outside lighting around my property. Switching no more than 500w. I wish to control on a key fob from within my car. There will be 2 fobs in total. I would like the receiver inside the property. RF controlled?

I would like to be able to control as I enter and leave the drive using the fob. I would also like these to switch off after a timed period. Let's say 5 minutes. The lights will also be PIR controlled individually. So they light up when I go outside into the back yard for example.

I plan on wiring the lights in 3 core and earth from the DB looping in and out to the last light. 4 lights in total. Having a permanent live for the PIR and a switched live for the key fob timed control.

I need help with regards what materials I need, and where to source these. Any other help is appreciated.

Regards

Richard
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

if that's all, how about using something like this :

RF Remote Control UHF Electronic Kits Modules Circuit Boards. Wide range for industrial, professional, educational and hobby applications

assuming you're not about to get into HA a whole lot more ...
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

Working...
    X