Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honeywell evohome and Warmup electric underfloor heating?

Automated Home Legend

When you were using just the DT92E with the BDR91, they were talking directly to each other. Now when you introduce evohome, it sits in between them. It's now the evohome that talks to the sensor and relay. So yes you need to bind the DT92E as the sensor to the Evohome and the BDR91 as the acutator to the evohome. Remember to clear all previous bindings on both the DT92E and the BDR91 before you bind them to the evohome. I had this similar problem with the T87RF. On that there is a separate binding procedure depending on binding with the controller, internet gateway or switching relay directly. So check the Dt92E manual

Automated Home Guru

I'm sure the problem I've had with that in the past would be that even though it is only controlling the electric underfloor heating, it will still call for heat from the boiler. There is no way to tell it to not do that on a zone.

Automated Home Legend

That's true. This is where I miss Hometronic.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Two new options per zone:

1) Disable optimisation if set
    2) Don't fire boiler

Would REALLY make a significant difference to Evohome.

Actually, 1) isn't new - it's just bringing back something that was removed.

Automated Home Lurker

cheers guys, i will check out your suggestions and let you know what happen

Automated Home Lurker

Wow fantastic, all setup and working, thank you so much. I did wonder why it was essentially asking you to bind twice on the evohome controller, I spent days binding and unbinding to try and get this to work, i should have read the controller properly or posted on here sooner. I was blinded by my excitement and haste.

For anyone reading this in the future, who may have become stuck as i did, the first stage of the binding process on the evohome controller which clearly states the sensor, (this is for your temperature controller, in my case the DT92E) follow the binding process for this. It will say the binding was successful.

Next it will enter the binding process for the actuator (your relay box) mine is the HC60NG as i needed a 10A for my Warmup mats, follow the binding process for your relay box. Note with the HC60NG once the binding is successful, the units red light will go out, but no message will appear on your evohome controller. Just press the green tick, then test by increasing the temp on your controller, your phone.

I currently do not have my boiler connected to the unit so cant say if i will have the boiler call problem yet, i will update when i have completed my install.

Thanks again.