Honeywell evohome and Warmup electric underfloor heating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan_Robinson
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Jun 2012

If you're going over 10 amps then use a separate relay that is switched by the DT92e.

The relay will need housing somehow, but you can't make an omelette.......
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• xavk
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2016

My requirement is for around 3m2 so around 0.5 amps which I think should be ok (its a small bathroom). Any recommendations on how to wire in the BDR91?

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
        Site Sponsor
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by xavk View Post
        Hi Guys,

First post here but longtime reader who just jumped into Evohome at Xmas, in large part thanks to the info here that I could integrate my small Warmup installation (circa 3m sq) and in the near future, Smartthings.

I've now obtained a Y87RF and had a good read about how to install it but I am stuck. Withing the Warmup, the installation is per the current install guide (http://www.warmup.co.uk/assets/Uploa...de-v4-2013.pdf) with teh following wires:

2. Connect to Power Supply (Live – MAX 240V)
        3. Connect to Power Supply (Neutral – MAX 240V)
        4. Connect to Warmup heater(s) (Neutral – MAX 3600W/ 16 Amps)
        5. Connect to Warmup heater(s) (Live – MAX 3600W/ 16 Amps)
        7. Connect to 1st wire of floor sensor (colour not important)
        8. Connect to 2nd wire of floor sensor (colour not important)

I get that I need to rewire ports 4 & 5 to the BDR91 (to N and middle L - see page 4 of http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents...th%20links.pdf for diagram). What I am unclear on is what I should do with the wires currently in the Warmup. Can someone please advise where they need to go (the L on the right or A / B/ C)?

Thanks,

Xav
        Hi Xav,

The BDR91 is only capable of 5A resistive load (about 1150w max).

The BDR91 should be wired with a permanent live and neutral to N & L, then a wire (correctly rated) should be wired between A and terminal 5 and then B should be wired to the UFH wire that would have gone to terminal 5.

I hope that helps.

Richard

Comment

• xavk
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Jan 2016

Yes, thank you so much! All wired in today and seems to be working. Now to correctly pair and set it all up which should be fairly straight forward.

Comment

• Lycosfreak
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Dec 2016

Hi Guys, i know this is an old thread but i have just joined the Evo world and found it very useful.

I have 2 x 10m2 warmup foil mat under laminate electric underfloor heating in 2 new loft rooms. I have taken the advice on here and connected the mats to the 10A Honeywell relay box, this is controlled by the DT92E stat, which is located fairly close to the floor. 1 of these setups per room and mat. I have not wired in a warmup thermostat as the loft rooms are extremely well insulated and the mats heat them up quickly so no issues with the wires being on for hours, overheating and breaking, which would be very costly at over £600 a mat.

I set these mats up prior to buying the evohome controller. The binding process is exactly the same as to the BDR91, and as a stand alone control was working great.

I have now bought the latest evohome wifi controller ATC928 and am in the process of setting it all up.

I have hit a stumbling point. I have bound the DT92E to the evohome controller and have conducted the RF test and have Excellent on the controller and 5 on the DT92E, so all should be good. However when i change the temperature on the controller or via my phone the stats dont update the temperature from the controller. so the relay box is not switched on and the heating remains unchanged.

I can get the DT92E to update the temperature from the controller if i press the up arrow. I then see a picture of a couple of lines and then an egg timer. At this point the stat has updated after this manual intervention and the relay box fires up the mats.

This happens on both setups.

I have set the mats up as zones on the controller.

Why are the stats not automatically receiving the temperature change? what have i done wrong? Do i also need to connect the relay box to the controller?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i can not see any other source online that even mentions this setup possibility.

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

When you were using just the DT92E with the BDR91, they were talking directly to each other. Now when you introduce evohome, it sits in between them. It's now the evohome that talks to the sensor and relay. So yes you need to bind the DT92E as the sensor to the Evohome and the BDR91 as the acutator to the evohome. Remember to clear all previous bindings on both the DT92E and the BDR91 before you bind them to the evohome. I had this similar problem with the T87RF. On that there is a separate binding procedure depending on binding with the controller, internet gateway or switching relay directly. So check the Dt92E manual

Comment

• roydonaldson
                Automated Home Guru
                • Jan 2013

I'm sure the problem I've had with that in the past would be that even though it is only controlling the electric underfloor heating, it will still call for heat from the boiler. There is no way to tell it to not do that on a zone.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

That's true. This is where I miss Hometronic.

Comment

• paulockenden
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Apr 2015

Two new options per zone:

1) Disable optimisation if set
                    2) Don't fire boiler

Would REALLY make a significant difference to Evohome.

Actually, 1) isn't new - it's just bringing back something that was removed.

Comment

• Lycosfreak
                      Automated Home Lurker
                      • Dec 2016

cheers guys, i will check out your suggestions and let you know what happen

Comment

• Lycosfreak
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Dec 2016

Wow fantastic, all setup and working, thank you so much. I did wonder why it was essentially asking you to bind twice on the evohome controller, I spent days binding and unbinding to try and get this to work, i should have read the controller properly or posted on here sooner. I was blinded by my excitement and haste.

For anyone reading this in the future, who may have become stuck as i did, the first stage of the binding process on the evohome controller which clearly states the sensor, (this is for your temperature controller, in my case the DT92E) follow the binding process for this. It will say the binding was successful.

Next it will enter the binding process for the actuator (your relay box) mine is the HC60NG as i needed a 10A for my Warmup mats, follow the binding process for your relay box. Note with the HC60NG once the binding is successful, the units red light will go out, but no message will appear on your evohome controller. Just press the green tick, then test by increasing the temp on your controller, your phone.

I currently do not have my boiler connected to the unit so cant say if i will have the boiler call problem yet, i will update when i have completed my install.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X