• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Honeywell Total Comfort Connect

Evohome was installed about 4 months ago. Apart from a brief comms fault during a thunderstorm, the hot water side of things has been working well. I am currently running the latest IOS8-compatible app, and I have noticed that 2 of the zones on the app are showing temperatures which are about 7C higher than the temps shown on the Evohome controller. The controller readings are correct as all the temps are in the range 15 to 16C with CH off. I have deleted the app and re-installed it but the difference remains. Any thoughts?
  • Mavis
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Oct 2014

I have just checked my android version and my temps are showing exact.
    Could it be that the app is taking readings on a delay (although you say that you have reinstalled the app so this probably would not be the case).
    Will check son's iphone tomorrow and see what his app is reading.
    I am trying to get my head round the system as we only had ours installed in August. No hot water on ours. Before today only had a couple of comms faults which appeared to rectify themselves (not sure how I check if they haven't). But I crashed the controller tonight which has caused all sorts of problems with syncing and comms faults.
    I am not confident that the temps showing on the controller are the correct air temps in the rooms (i think they are reading hotter).

Comment

• HenGus
      Automated Home Legend
      • May 2014

Thanks. i have just checked on an Android device and the readings in two off the zones are still reading high: in fact, they are not changing. What i cannot work out is why the temps on the controller are correct; i.e., they have dropped overnight as one would expect bit the app is showing something different? I confess that with such sketchy end-user information it is difficult to know what the app is showing with the CH turned off.

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
        • Feb 2009

Can you control the Quick Actions and adjust setpoints successfully from your App?
        Sensible Heat
        SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• HenGus
          Automated Home Legend
          • May 2014

Yes. Everything is working as it should apart from two zones on the app showing raised temps. I have reported the problem to Honeywell and I will monitor the app when I turn on the heating full-time.

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
            • Feb 2009

The App is always meant to follow the values on the Evo Touch controller (with a small delay based on the background data polling), and the room sensors should all report back irrespective of whether the heating is running or not.

Are your zone sensors DT92s, HR92s, or some other sensor? If they are one of the devices that have a display then do the values match on these and the Evo Touch? Do the setpoints also match for these zones on both the Evo, App, and room sensor?

It does sound odd and I've not come across an issue like this on any of our installs to date.
            Sensible Heat
            SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• HenGus
              Automated Home Legend
              • May 2014

Update. Just had a response back from Honeywell. Their advice was I should delete the Gateway device from my Total Connect Account and carry out a re-install;i.e., MAC address etc. It seems to have done the trick.

Comment

Working...
              X