Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SensibleHeatUK
    • Feb 2009

The dial on they top of the HR92 allows for simple guest adjustment (or the same could be achieved with a DT92 or new single zone thermostat on the wall), so no need to remove the HR92 to get at the inner gear or provide access via the app. And any adjustment is temporary as it will be reset by the next time program entry, so no risk of the setting remaining permanently changed.
    Sensible Heat
    SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

There is no dial on my HR92s and to manually adjust I have to remove the end cap to expose the inner gear. I think the single zone thermostat may be the best option (Evohome Y87RF2024). Of course when we have guests I could always tell them its just tough if they don't like the temperature of their room! The spare bedroom is currently set at 15C!

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
        • Feb 2009

All HR92s have the adjustment dial on the top (it is the circular cover that hides the ) - it is a standard part of the design! In the settings menu it can be disabled so turning it would have no effect on the setpoint. However under normal settings you can adjust the setpoint using the dial.
        Sensible Heat
        SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Think we are saying the same thing. To access the adjustment dial you have to, with your finger nail, prize off the circular cover. Indeed the same dial that is used to change the settings. Probably best not to tell guests about this in case they play around with other settings. The single portable room stat seems to be the best route for me telling them to turn the dial if they want it warmer or cooler but for God's sake to keep the stat in their room and not walk into another with it!

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
            Site Sponsor
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
            Think we are saying the same thing. To access the adjustment dial you have to, with your finger nail, prize off the circular cover.
            The white circular cover is the 'adjustment dial', no need to take it off...

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
              • Feb 2009

If the HR92 is working properly then just turning the circular cap should adjust the setpoint, no need to remove it to access the little gear underneath - the cap is meant to "mesh" with the gear so turning the cap rotates the gear.

If you do decide to fit the wall sensor then I'd always recommend fixing it to the wall so it cannot be moved or placed in an unsuitable location! Adjustment of the setpoint here is a little different to just using the dial on the HR92. The wall sensor makes a change to the setpoint that is visible at the Evo Touch controller or on the App too, so you can see that it has ben changed. It also affects all HR92s in that zone. Changing the setpoint on the HR92 directly only affects that unit, none of the other HR92s that are also in that zone are affected, so it is strictly a local override of just that radiator.
              Sensible Heat
              SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

Thanks. I feel stupid. I never realised the top circular cap rotated!

Comment

• Rameses
                  Industry Expert
                  • Nov 2014

Yes there is an open window function built in on the Hr92. And it is customisable. This can be accessed in the deep settings with the Hr92 (see other posts)

Just FYI - the Hr92 and evohome have a rough (I mean rough) 4 minute pulse/handshake, as well as the prompted comms (ie a command is given). If communication is not established then it then tries again a random greater amount of time. At the same time evohome is trying to also 'reach out' also.

But once found then the connection is then 'secure' and evohome knows when to poll as do the Hr92. I have found personally (in demos, where we had lots of kits going at once) - this will take time.

Basically - don't panic & wait.
                  getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Rameses
                    Industry Expert
                    • Nov 2014

You are correct :-) (about the learning thing)
                    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• HenGus
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • May 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                      Just FYI - the Hr92 and evohome have a rough (I mean rough) 4 minute pulse/handshake, as well as the prompted comms (ie a command is given). If communication is not established then it then tries again a random greater amount of time. At the same time evohome is trying to also 'reach out' also.

Basically - don't panic & wait.
                      I think that I am correct in saying that with 2 or more HR92s in the same zone, they may not handshake at the same time if one of more miss the pulse. I often have situations when a target temperature is changed when one HR92 whirrs 4 minutes or so before the other.

Comment

• Mavis
                        Automated Home Ninja
                        • Oct 2014

Yes, a good point worth making - freezing can start at higher temperatures than you may think. Too many customisable menus would certainly create chaos but a little more flexibility with what we have would be helpful. Possibly there is also an IFTT patch that someone has written that does this. But then you can so easily make things over complicated.

Have had mixed messages from insurers when leaving my property unoccupied. From the minimum setting to be 5C, 7C, or 10C, having to do a complete drain down and the one that I think gets first prize is to drain the system but you do not need to drain the radiators! When I pointed out the stupidity of this to the insurers they came back to me and amended the condition to keeping the heating on set to no less than 10C.

One thought, it would be a nice touch to have a device that guests can have to turn up the radiator in their room without showing them how to take the end cap off and adjust it with the little wheel nor by letting them have the app on their phone. Or would the free standing thermostat do that if left in a guests room to use? I presume it will.
                        IFTTT is very easy to use and I use it regularly to control 2 radiators when son is on a day shift at the weekend. I just make an entry in my Google Calendar (using the text 'Day Shift') at the appropriate time and set up a 'recipe' to set the temp of the bathroom radiator to 19C.

I love my Evo and the control it gives to the whole house although even though I know the theory behind how it all works I am still struggling to understand how two rooms showing similar temperatures feel so different. I have the stand alone thermostat which backs up the fact that the HR92 temp is showing the true room temp.

I too have not gone into Evo to specifically save money (partly as we have moved house so have no data to directly compare) with but early signs are about 40% less usage. I don't think that April this year was specifically cold but that is the only month that I had significant gas usage before installing in August. We used double the amount of gas in April compared to October according my energy supplier portal.

Comment

• Rameses
                          Industry Expert
                          • Nov 2014

Yes, a good point worth making - freezing can start at higher temperatures than you may think. Too many customisable menus would certainly create chaos but a little more flexibility with what we have would be helpful. Possibly there is also an IFTT patch that someone has written that does this. But then you can so easily make things over complicated.

Have had mixed messages from insurers when leaving my property unoccupied. From the minimum setting to be 5C, 7C, or 10C, having to do a complete drain down and the one that I think gets first prize is to drain the system but you do not need to drain the radiators! When I pointed out the stupidity of this to the insurers they came back to me and amended the condition to keeping the heating on set to no less than 10C.

One thought, it would be a nice touch to have a device that guests can have to turn up the radiator in their room without showing them how to take the end cap off and adjust it with the little wheel nor by letting them have the app on their phone. Or would the free standing thermostat do that if left in a guests room to use? I presume it will.
                          Modern boilers have a frost setting @ 5 degrees - which will kick in if it drops below to keep the unit 'alive'
                          Evohome compliments this - by adopting the same thinking and ensuring the 'system' is looked after additionally. (ie the water in the pipes and radiators) This is present even when heating is OFF setting is selected.
                          Your insurer is misinformed on the 10 degrees thing. Let evohome do its thing.

One question - what little cap are you referring to? You could add a Single Zone stat bound in or a DTS92 to the room. This would be an additional touch point for 'guests' should you wish.

Comment

• HenGus
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • May 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post

One question - what little cap are you referring to?
                            I am confused as well as the question was answered by SH above. Is there a reason why an anti-clockwise turn on the cap increases the target temperature and vice versa? To a Brit, it just seems counter intuitive.

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
                              IFTTT is very easy to use and I use it regularly to control 2 radiators when son is on a day shift at the weekend. I just make an entry in my Google Calendar (using the text 'Day Shift') at the appropriate time and set up a 'recipe' to set the temp of the bathroom radiator to 19C.

I love my Evo and the control it gives to the whole house although even though I know the theory behind how it all works I am still struggling to understand how two rooms showing similar temperatures feel so different. I have the stand alone thermostat which backs up the fact that the HR92 temp is showing the true room temp.

I too have not gone into Evo to specifically save money (partly as we have moved house so have no data to directly compare) with but early signs are about 40% less usage. I don't think that April this year was specifically cold but that is the only month that I had significant gas usage before installing in August. We used double the amount of gas in April compared to October according my energy supplier portal.
                              What your findings show is that it is true that there are other effects than just air temperature that affect comfort - research done many years ago shows that the mean radiant temperature is important as this takes into account radiant heating/cooling which cannot be measured by a standard air sensor so this effect ignored by most control systems. As a radiant heater can make you feel warm outside in sub-zero temperatures it is clear that radiant heat/cool sources can have a big impact on how warm you feel regardless of the actual air temperature. So sit in a room with lots of cold glazing or a cold tiled floor and it feels colder than a room at the same air temperature that has carpets and smaller windows.
                              Sensible Heat
                              SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• HenGus
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • May 2014

My Evohome Controller has remained fixed to a powered wall bracket since it was installed. Yesterday morning, I was walking past it when something caught my eye. Eight out of the 12 zones were showing that they were awaiting synchronisation. I didn't fiddle: I just left the controller to do its own thing. It seemed to take up to 90 minutes for all the zones to synchronise. Is this normal? My controller has clearly re-set itself as the error log has disappeared.

Comment

Working...
                                X