• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ballardinb
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2014

Honeywell HS30 switch not always activated by HCM 200D controller

I have a Honeywell Hometronic system installed in my house with a Hometronic Manager HCM 200D controlling everything, 16 rooms with 23 Honeywell HR80s on the radiators (some rooms have 2 radiators), linked back to the boiler with a HS 30 switch for the hot-water (manual operation from the HS30 and timed operation from HCM 200D where I have a device set up as 'hot water') and a HC60NG controller for the central heating (manual control on HC60NG, boiler feedback from operation of the HR80s and automated control from the HCM 200D).

We have set up a device as 'hotwater' on the HCM 200D and then have bind the HS 30 to the HCM 200D / device / hotwater

We have bind the HC60NG to the HCM 200D to Boiler demand / boiler relay

We had our boiler replaced with a larger boiler, and I although I have run some tests to make sure that the HS 30 switches the hot water on and off when activated from the HCM 200D, I am now finding that the HS 30 is not consistently coming on when set for the morning or the afternoon. On the HCM 200D the programme is clearly set as 'on' for hot water as per the program.

1) Just wanted to confirm that I don't also have to bind the HS 30 to Boiler demand / switching module, and

2) Could it be that the signal is being blocked by the larger boiler

3) Any other tips as to how to get this working again?
  • SensibleHeatUK
    • Feb 2009

Your device is correctly registered as a Device and should not be registered under boiler demand.

The HS30 can be temperamental as it uses the older 433MHz frequency, so it is likely that the radio signals have been affected by the new boiler casing. Moving the HS30 well away from metal objects and as far from the HCM200D as possible may help. if you want to test you can temporarily power the unit from a mains flex and see if other locations return the reliable operating performance.
    Sensible Heat
    SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• ballardinb
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Feb 2014

Thanks for the advice. Have moved the HS30 and that seems to have done the trick.

Comment

Working...
      X