• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
    And that is what I have done. But I am struggling to understand how it works. With my HR92s I can press the button and see what temp is set (I have them showing the actual temp). When I press any button on the DTS92 it changes the set temp to 5c and I have to go to the controller to undo the override.
    If you press the off/standby it will go to 5 deg

If you press up or down it will display set point
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Mavis
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by top brake View Post
      If you press the off/standby it will go to 5 deg

If you press up or down it will display set point
      No, if I press the off/standby the radio symbol briefly shows then nothing happens.
      If I press up or down then I get an egg timer and dashes then 5 deg.
      If I press the green button then I get the ECO option which looks as if it does work ( it has changed the controller set temp to 18 deg and on the DTS shows ECO and is counting down from an hour

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

No, if I press the off/standby the radio symbol briefly shows then nothing happens.
        If I press up or down then I get an egg timer and dashes then 5 deg.
        If I press the green button then I get the ECO option which looks as if it does work ( it has changed the controller set temp to 18 deg and on the DTS shows ECO and is counting down from an hour
        In that case it isn't bound correctly

I would delete the zone and start again.

Comment

• Mavis
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Oct 2014

In that case it isn't bound correctly

I would delete the zone and start again.
          Ok so halfway through that but stuck.
          Deleted ok.
          Add zone and selected radiator valve.
          Bound DTS92 and controller says success.
          DTS92 displays 54nc
          Controller says press bind button on actuator

What do I press now? The HR92 or the DTS92

Comment

• erik
            Automated Home Guru
            • Feb 2015

The actuator is the HR92.

This in in Dutch, but maybe just looking at it helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL-e5ffHXzk

In that video, they use the 'change' zone function though, instead of the new zone function. And they're not changing the actuator.
            Last edited by erik; 22 February 2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• top brake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Feb 2015

Ok so halfway through that but stuck.
              Deleted ok.
              Add zone and selected radiator valve.
              Bound DTS92 and controller says success.
              DTS92 displays 54nc
              Controller says press bind button on actuator

What do I press now? The HR92 or the DTS92
              The HR92

Short press
              Long press should say BIND
              Short press should say BINDING

Then press green bind button on evohome controller

Comment

• erik
                Automated Home Guru
                • Feb 2015

Probably wanna make sure you removed the old binding from the HR92 as well?

Short press
                Long press
                Long press
                Last edited by erik; 22 February 2015, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Mavis
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by erik View Post
                  The actuator is the HR92.

This in in Dutch, but maybe just looking at it helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL-e5ffHXzk

In that video, they use the 'change' zone function though, instead of the new zone function. And they're not changing the actuator.
                  Thank you, that video was very useful. I think it is all set correctly now.

I finished off first and bound the rad as I was half way through then went through again with the video.

So now the DTS, if I press the up or down arrow it shows the set point then press again and I can change the temp.
                  The HR92 reflects what the controller show (actual temp and the ECO temp as I have this pressed on the DTS at the minute)

And the ECO button works.

Edit... Just gone back into the installer menu but not changed anything, come out and it is doing what it was doing before - when I press the up or down it changes to 5 deg.

Edit again... Think it is something to do with the off/standby button.

Comment

• top brake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Feb 2015

Thank you, that video was very useful. I think it is all set correctly now.

I finished off first and bound the rad as I was half way through then went through again with the video.

So now the DTS, if I press the up or down arrow it shows the set point then press again and I can change the temp.
                    The HR92 reflects what the controller show (actual temp and the ECO temp as I have this pressed on the DTS at the minute)

And the ECO button works.

Edit... Just gone back into the installer menu but not changed anything, come out and it is doing what it was doing before - when I press the up or down it changes to 5 deg.

Edit again... Think it is something to do with the off/standby button.
                    Make sure the off/standby icon is not displayed on the lcd

Comment

• Mavis
                      Automated Home Ninja
                      • Oct 2014

Make sure the off/standby icon is not displayed on the lcd
                      Oh right. Thank you.

Comment

• G4RHL
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jan 2015

Hope am in the right place in the forum! I have two radiators in my lounge and each has a HR92. They are bound to the controller and set to sense the temperature, i.e. I am not using the controller for that. The latter is in my utility room. I suspect the room may not be reaching the temperature we think it should (to me its warm to my wife it isn't!) and it may be because one radiator is behind a settee which will be reflecting heat back plus the HR92 is in the corner of the room behind the settee and away from drafts.

I have a free standing y87rf2024 thermostat. Before I start messing about with an otherwise working and balanced system do I understand correctly that the free standing thermostat can be bound to an HR92? That is the impression I have gained reading these pages. I would have thought it is bound to its own relay to trigger the boiler. If I use the thermostat do I then ensure the HR92s in the living room are not bound so that the thermostat controls the whole room as the zone?

Comment

• top brake
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                          Hope am in the right place in the forum! I have two radiators in my lounge and each has a HR92. They are bound to the controller and set to sense the temperature, i.e. I am not using the controller for that. The latter is in my utility room. I suspect the room may not be reaching the temperature we think it should (to me its warm to my wife it isn't!) and it may be because one radiator is behind a settee which will be reflecting heat back plus the HR92 is in the corner of the room behind the settee and away from drafts.

I have a free standing y87rf2024 thermostat. Before I start messing about with an otherwise working and balanced system do I understand correctly that the free standing thermostat can be bound to an HR92? That is the impression I have gained reading these pages. I would have thought it is bound to its own relay to trigger the boiler. If I use the thermostat do I then ensure the HR92s in the living room are not bound so that the thermostat controls the whole room as the zone?
                          No, a Y87RF cannot be directly bound to a HR92

However

You can create an evohome zone with Y87RF as the sensor and the HR92 as the actuator

make sense?

recommend to go through the youlearn evohome training module (link in my sig)

Comment

• G4RHL
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jan 2015

Thanks. Will investigate further.

Comment

• erik
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Feb 2015

Having a Y87RF as a sensor and HR92 as an actuator works very nicely. Also, the Y87RF allows you to override temperature for the zone, which makes it very user friendly. I would equip every room with a Y87RF if I had enough money It allows for better measurements and easier control.

Comment

• erik
                                Automated Home Guru
                                • Feb 2015

by the way: does anyone know if I can use the BDR91 that came with Evohome with the Y87RF that came without a BDR91?

Of course, I will reset the BDR91 first and won't be trying to use Evohome at the same time. I would just like to see how well Y87RF performs compared to Evohome and my old Honeywel Round on/off.

Comment

Working...
                                X