• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ry_H
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2014

Which system....?

Hi,

Firstly I'm new to this forum so would like to say hi to everyone.

Secondly, I'm currently wiring my new "extension" and I'm basically future proofing it for automation.
    I am defiantly having intelligent lighting in the kitchen area and master suit. I am also trying to make sure that all the cabling is in the right place for everywhere else so I can eventually once my pocket fills up, do the rest of the house. I've been recommended rako and also mode lightings EDin systems but I'm not overly sure which one to go for or both, as I do want to control more than just lighting.
    It would be great if I could get some advice as I am a newbie to the world of automation and want to get it right.

Also on cabling could someone offer and additional advice on top of what's in the wiring guide as to cables to run to and where? Again just looking to get it right.

Ryan
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

I would look at the following systems.
    Loxone and Idratek
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Ry_H
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2014

Hi,

I have had a look at both on your recommendation and am looking at going with the Loxone system, looks like it has almost unlimited possibilities and all in a nice little package. They also do there own multi room audio but I'm wondering if there is any other wired multi room systems out there that might be better? Also Loxone recommend a push button switch, can anyone recommend any good makes for the application?

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Sonos is probably the best but it can be pricey. If youjoin the Loxone forums you will find a few threads on push button switches.
        I have just installed a Loxone system for a client to control his garden lighting, and I think its excellent.
        I would down load the config software to your PC as you can run it in simulation mode to test ideas etc. Also watch all the training/ seminar videos as they explain how to program the system.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
        X