Thread: x10 2nd generation programming

Automated Home Jr Member

Default x10 2nd generation programming

Hello, any tips for programming 2nd generation lamp modules that have lost their setting.
    I have a few that have stopped responding to the signal to program the house code and number.

is it possible to clear/reset the memory of these modules?

Quote Originally Posted by shonen View Post
    Hello, any tips for programming 2nd generation lamp modules that have lost their setting.
    I have a few that have stopped responding to the signal to program the house code and number.

is it possible to clear/reset the memory of these modules?
    Hi Shonen,

Not sure what specific modules you have but you could try re-assigning the house codes you want (or set to something else, then re-set to what you want).
    These instructions were posted elsewhere, but might help you
    I think it will be the 2nd step that's most important for you - ensuring you send the new code within a short time of applying power to the module.

* Press the ON button (corresponding to the Unit Code you want the LM15 to respond to) on the X-10 controller three times, at about one second intervals. On the third press, the lamp will turn on signifying that the code has been learnt.
    * To change the code that the LM15 responds to, turn off the power to the unit, turn it back on and repeat the previous step within 30 seconds after applying power.

HTH, please post back if it works for you.

Cheers,
    Tim.