Thread: Evohome and Drayton trv

Automated Home Lurker

Default Evohome HR92 and Drayton trv

I have got Drayton RT212 TRV and pins are quite long do I need to cut the trv pins down a bit for the evohome HR92 controllers to fit properly.
    Last edited by markparry; 18th December 2014 at 04:23 PM. Reason: put hr92 in heading

Automated Home Legend

I replaced 21 Lifestyle RT212 heads with HR92s - or to be more accurate, my installer did. No adjustment to the pin length is needed but it is important that the adapter/fitting is hand tight and the head properly locked. Touchwood - no problems so far with any of my valves. My installer took the obvious precaution of pushing down on all the pins to check for freedom of movement before fitting the HR92s.

Automated Home Lurker

Hi HenGus
    Thanks for the info just making sure before I tried them as the pins look too long but as you have had no problems I will give it a go.
    Thanks
    Mark

Automated Home Legend

If you are worried, you could try one TRV. The TRV will cycle after fitting and it can be operated manually without binding it to the controller.

Automated Home Lurker

Hi HenGus
    I have fitted the hr92 on to the valves now and they appear to be working correctly so far no problems.