Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142

Thread: What would you like to see in evohome? (have your say)

Automated Home Jr Member

Is anyone monitoring or acting on this? In case they are, my inputs collated and re-prioritised:

1) Percentage duty cycle per zone shown on Home Screen – at a glance confirmation of status and operation, heat source percentage could be displayed too
    2) Multi-step or proportional Cold Weather Boost – something subtler and progressive
    3) System Summary to show sensed and target temperatures as well as percentages
    4) System Summary accessible from Home screen – not hidden behind settings warning dialogue
    5) At least 6 zones on Idle Screen
    6) Separate frost-prevention and controllable minimum settings – it's nice to limit the min-max range to make the app and HRs easier to use, e.g. restrict to 15 to 25°C, but system OFF should still apply 5°C safety frost-prevention levels when zone or system is OFF (at the moment that seems to follow the min for the zone)
    7) Android App showing all information at a glance as per Home Screen (incl. 1) or System Summary (incl. 3,4)
    8) A smaller Y87RF replacement with a table stand – just a sensor and input device
    9) Quieter HR92 replacement using rechargeable Lithium Ion cells – unobtrusive and efficient operation with less frequent intervention

Automated Home Legend philchillbill's Avatar

a3.jpg

Support for named Scenes/Activities. The basic idea is to change a group of zones with a single command. Examples: Watch TV, BedTime, etc.

It's already been done in the EvoControl Alexa skill (screenshot above), so why not do it natively on the EvoTouch panel?

Automated Home Legend

I think they tried to do this via the Quick Actions. But since most of them have designated functions, the only real option remaining is Custom, but then there is only 1 of them.

Automated Home Guru

I think the Evotouch has limits on processing and memory. Maybe extra functionality could be provided via the Honeywell Home app? That said Honeywell/Resideo are not noted for rapid inovation.

On another point could the api calls from the new EvoControl skill be anything to do with the sever falling over this morning?��

Automated Home Legend philchillbill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CT1 View Post
    On another point could the api calls from the new EvoControl skill be anything to do with the sever falling over this morning?
    Extremely unlikely. There's only a handful of beta testers and with the recent nice weather they haven't been very actively testing.

Automated Home Guru

What would I like to see?

Above anything better reliability in the Total Connect Application & Servers.

The servers seem to be down fairly frequently. This is unacceptable, and as I have said in another thread Resideo should follow common practice, and ensure that there is NO SINGLE POINT OF FAILURE.

https://us.sios.com/how-to-eliminate...ty-clustering/

NJSS

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Extremely unlikely. There's only a handful of beta testers and with the recent nice weather they haven't been very actively testing.
    Sorry meant in jest but smiley did not work. Keep up the good work. I would prefer the added functionality via an app rather than Alexa, but your ideas look good.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FullBore View Post
    What would I like to see?

Above anything better reliability in the Total Connect Application & Servers.

The servers seem to be down fairly frequently. This is unacceptable, and as I have said in another thread Resideo should follow common practice, and ensure that there is NO SINGLE POINT OF FAILURE.

https://us.sios.com/how-to-eliminate...ty-clustering/

NJSS
    I agree with your sentiment, but unfortunately Resideo are not the only ones to suffer poor reliability. While it is irritating when my central heating cannot be remote controlled, this is nothing compared with people being locked out of bank accounts or having their travel plans disrupted. Also, assuming it is a server rather than comms problem, who’s servers are being used Resideo or some 3rd party cloud service?