X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orange
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2014

I found that when I changed the number of hours it had to relearn from scratch - ie the next time it switched on it came on at exactly the set time.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Not sure if this is the right page in the forum to mention this but I noticed last night that if you manually change a temperature setting on the HR92 very close to a controlled time schedule change your override seems to go on beyond that until the next time schedule. My bedroom radiator is set to drop temperature at 23:00, at 22:55 I turned up the temperature to give the room a little boost thinking that 5 minutes would do it (often does) and expecting that the 23:00 schedule change would then put it back to the normal overnight temperature. I go to sleep within minutes (often seconds!), woke up at 12:30 a.m. feeling rather warm! Have checked the time setting on the controller and that is correct. Lesson learned!

Comment

• SteveP
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2012

Must say I have been caught out by that but have never got to the bottom of it. So I added in the second shut down that Richard recommended which is roughly 1 hour after the room set normal set down point and that pretty much guarantees that whatever happens that shutdown point will be applied. Be interesting to know why this situation can occur though?

Comment

• Mavis
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Oct 2014

Presumably either the delay they quote between controller & valve. or maybe clock on the server may be fast??

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
            Site Sponsor
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
            Must say I have been caught out by that but have never got to the bottom of it. So I added in the second shut down that Richard recommended which is roughly 1 hour after the room set normal set down point and that pretty much guarantees that whatever happens that shutdown point will be applied. Be interesting to know why this situation can occur though?
            The evohome 'handshake' is roughly 4 minutes and say for instance one handshake got missed, there could be a delay of 8+ minutes which if you are close to the next scheduled point could override the next scheduled point (hence my midnight 00:00 setpoint to ensure any adjustment doesn't last all night!).

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
              Site Sponsor
              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
              Presumably either the delay they quote between controller & valve. or maybe clock on the server may be fast??
              Overriding a HR92 locally has no reflection on the servers actions, as the communication is directly with the evohome controller in this instance. The only way this could happen is if the override is done via the App and then there is definitely the possibility of a delay between the action and the result, as there are many more factors to consider in performing this action (speed of internet connection, server load, etc).

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

No, I checked my clock and it is OK. I can only think it is the very close proximity to the set change that caused it to be ignored. It it had a brain probably it would be saying "No idiot would make this change at this time, he must mean it to be operative to the next set change so I'll delay it until then." Except one "idiot" did want to make a change 5 minutes away from a programmed one!

I set up the maximum of 6 changes for each zone generally making them 07:30, 10:30, 13:30, 16:30, 19:30 and 22:30. The daytime temperatures though are all the same, currently set to 18C and I use a custom menu to effect an over ride if I want one in more than one zone. The main bedroom final time of the day is 23:00. Perhaps I better change the bedroom ones so that the final one is say 00:10 in the bedroom. It is the only zone where we way want to override the setting - for a short time!

This highlights another issue. I have set up the customisable menu, called it "Custom 21" as it sets the temperature in designated zones to 21C, but you can only make the change to run for one day or more whole days ahead. Nicer if you could set it for a few hours as well.

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
                  The evohome 'handshake' is roughly 4 minutes and say for instance one handshake got missed, there could be a delay of 8+ minutes which if you are close to the next scheduled point could override the next scheduled point (hence my midnight 00:00 setpoint to ensure any adjustment doesn't last all night!).
                  ..and there's the answer! I have just changed my set point to 00:10 for the bedroom.

Comment

• Fursty Ferret
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Oct 2014

This highlights another issue. I have set up the customisable menu, called it "Custom 21" as it sets the temperature in designated zones to 21C, but you can only make the change to run for one day or more whole days ahead. Nicer if you could set it for a few hours as well.
                    If you have a Windows Phone it's possible to set a finish time down to the minute on a zone override or quick action. </shameless plug>

Comment

• HenGus
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • May 2014

Reading through this thread - and others - how does Honeywell expect to educate the masses on the nuances of its smart heating controls? Not everyone has the time or inclination to pour over forums for advice on what should really be a 'set up and forget' system. I just wonder how manufacturers are going to address the steep customer learning curve? I am a retired pilot and when we first started getting flight management systems on our aircraft we used to have a saying on the flight deck 'what on earth is the computer up to now?'. I am feeling a touch of déjà vous coming on.

Comment

• Midori
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Wally© View Post
                        It is my understanding that it takes some time for the system to 'learn' and figure out the best starting time...

Give it a week or 2...You'll notice the start time gradually being delayed...
                        Does the optimisation use the measured temperature deviation value (from set point value) to optimise ON time, or does it use outside ambient temperature somehow? I read somewhere that the public weather information data can be used somehow.
                        Assoc IHVE; Matthew Hall Satchwell MW Kellogg CompAir; posts are personal and my own view

Comment

• mikey8156
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Dec 2011

Yes, it learns for instance it takes 30 minutes to raise the temperature by a degree. it does not use weather information.

Comment

• Rameses
                            Industry Expert
                            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Midori View Post
                            Does the optimisation use the measured temperature deviation value (from set point value) to optimise ON time, or does it use outside ambient temperature somehow? I read somewhere that the public weather information data can be used somehow.
                            As per comments - outside weather isn't really useful for a smart zoning solution. If there was a sudden cold snap, and you had the worlds best insulated home, the boiler coming on wouldn't be ideal. We tend to measure very effectively what we can control, ie the inside the home, using smart learning and technology to maintain the set points. evohome will learn your thermal curve of every zone and work to achieve when you want the right temp.
                            getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

Working...
                            X