Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IFTTT and Evohome

Default IFTTT and Evohome

I am 'home alone' for a couple of days so thought it was a good opportunity to try out geofencing. I currently use IFTTT with my Evohome using calendar events which works well.

I used an existing Honeywell recipe using IOS location and enabling a quick action (Economy) but it didn't work! IFTTT is showing that the recipe did not run.

I have checked the recipe and it is showing my house location ok. And I have checked my phone and 'location' is switched on.

So what am I doing wrong?

I may have sussed it - I have just gone into IFTTT on my phone and it has come up with a message 'Allow IFTTT to access your location even when you are not using the app'. (I had set up the recipe on my Ipad and then checked it this morning on my work PC.)

Well geofencing in it's simplest form works well. If I lived by myself it would be great. When I got in from work on Friday the house did not feel particularly cold. (So much so that I have knocked the temp in the living room down by a degree.) It probably helped that all the doors were shut all day. I perhaps need to try and adjust the distance from home to further away and then make a custom setting with lower temps.

BTW I forgot to switch the recipe off again yesterday but luckily I got a message on my phone so was able to cancel the quick action before hubby noticed!

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

you need to add the evohome channel to your IFTTT and allow it to access the TCC app

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    you need to add the evohome channel to your IFTTT and allow it to access the TCC app
    Not sure what you mean? I am using the Evohome channel. I can't see any mention of TCC??

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    Not sure what you mean? I am using the Evohome channel. I can't see any mention of TCC??
    When you add the evohome channel it will ask permission to access the Honeywell App, so that it can take control.

Love the new DO App from IFTTT

There are already quick button recipes setup

One touch enable of quick action for example
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    Love the new DO App from IFTTT

There are already quick button recipes setup

One touch enable of quick action for example
    I like! Set mine up now. Should be much quicker than opening the Evo app.

Automated Home Guru

I'd be interested in your battery life. If found IFTTT ios location service a bit of a battery hog ( you can check in settings )

I don't really use my phone as a phone, more of a mini tablet. Can't understand what people have to talk about when they always have their phone glued to their ear. (I also have a blackberry for work.)

I use it as a clock at night so it is on a charge stand overnight.

I had to switch it off this morning so it is only showing 14hrs 52m standby and 3hrs 59 m usage with IFTTT as 1% but I haven't used IFTTT today. (The home and lock screen is 8%) i can't see battery usage for iOS location specifically - could that be because I haven't used it today (it is switched on)

Life 360 looks as if it uses a lot (6%) so I will probably disable that.