Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819

Thread: Tracking down random boiler demand with Evohome

Automated Home Guru

Does the optimisation icon on the Evotouch mean it's actually requesting heat because of the optimisation, or does it just mean it MIGHT request heat because of the zone being in the optimisation time period?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    Have you got Stored hot water?
    Yes. Optimisation I assume does not work with it. Hot water is set to 06:30 to 08:30 and 16:30 to 19:30. Differential is 7C, set temperature is 60c. Think it was reading around 50c at the time. However, it always comes on and goes off at exactly those times. I suppose optimisation does no operate on the hot water side of things, well it does not for me. Hot water was not on when optimisation clicked in at 06:25 for the room set to 18c at 07:30.

I came back in at 08:50 and activated my custom menu which brings selected rooms up to 21c from 09:00. I noticed as soon as I did that optimisation took over and switched it on in advance of 09:00. But then it should!

Quote Originally Posted by erik View Post
    Does the optimisation icon on the Evotouch mean it's actually requesting heat because of the optimisation, or does it just mean it MIGHT request heat because of the zone being in the optimisation time period?
    The optimisation icon only shows if it is requesting heat - all my radiators bar one have optimisation set but, for example, only the hall radiator shows the icon an hour before the set point, the other rooms it does not show until, say, 20 minutes before the set point.

Sorry just reread, do you mean only show if the boiler is firing? If so then no, once a room has started the optimisation process then the icon stays on the controller or app.

Automated Home Guru

I meant how you answered it first. Thanks for that info.

That would mean that in G4RHL's situation, it is indeed requesting heat too soon.

Automated Home Legend

Heat up times. Came in at 11:40. Conservatory temperature reading 11C. Set 18 in the app. Temperature risen to 15 within 30 minutes. Now I hope optimisation remembers this!

Automated Home Sr Member

Amazed on how low your temp decreases overnight...Only if I'm away for a weekend trip during the winter do I get such low readings...

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyİ View Post
    Amazed on how low your temp decreases overnight...Only if I'm away for a weekend trip during the winter do I get such low readings...
    Apart from the conservatory and the main bedroom all rooms are set at 10C from 22:30. The main bedroom is set to 15C overnight. The conservatory to 5C. Initially other than the conservatory the night time temperature was set at 14C but occasionally I would hear the boiler fire up so I dropped it to 10C. Mostly overnight the temperature drops to around 14.5 to 15.5 at present. If it is very cold outside, then I expect a bigger drop. Before I changed the glazing in the conservatory the boiler would often fire up in the night because the temperature would drop below 5C and not surprised considering it is all glass. Now with "modern" glazing" the most it has dropped to is 6.5 so far as I have seen. If the outside temperature only drops to around 7C or so then often the overnight temperatures are around 16C. Tomorrow night a forecast outside temperature is 2C so I expect the HR92 will fire up the boiler at some time during the night. Its 13.5 in the conservatory at present at radiator level - the sun is shining!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyİ View Post
    It's cold 'oop north'. I think 15C is the coldest I have seen the kitchen drop to overnight (north facing). I also have all my rooms set to 10C from 22.30. My house is a 1960s semi bungalow facing south with a gable end (garage is detached.)