• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichardMark
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2015

HR80 modification

I have recently upgraded my home from CM67 to Evotouch. The Evotouch is miles better in every respect.

I was wondering if anyone has tried removing the thermistor in an HR80 so it can sense more easily? It's easy to do and I'm trying it anyway. Be interested if Anyone has any views on this.
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by RichardMark View Post
    I have recently upgraded my home from CM67 to Evotouch. The Evotouch is miles better in every respect.

I was wondering if anyone has tried removing the thermistor in an HR80 so it can sense more easily? It's easy to do and I'm trying it anyway. Be interested if Anyone has any views on this.
    hi, what exactly is your objective in doing this mod?

why wouldn't you simply use a wireless room thermostat (e.g. DTS92) with the evo to measure the zone temperature, leaving the HR80 to open and close the radiator valve?

the temperature measured at the HR80 is offset to allow for it's position
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• RichardMark
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by top brake View Post
      hi, what exactly is your objective in doing this mod?

why wouldn't you simply use a wireless room thermostat (e.g. DTS92) with the evo to measure the zone temperature, leaving the HR80 to open and close the radiator valve?

the temperature measured at the HR80 is offset to allow for it's position

I haven't found the measurement at the radiator very reliable in some of our rooms, especially those with multiple radiators and I was wondering if it could be made more reliable and give a more accurate room temperature by moving the sensor a short distance away from the radiator, in my case this was quite easy to do due to positioning of furniture. All that said we haven't used the room that I have carried out this modification on since I did it (and the whole point of the system is not to heat unused rooms) so I was wondering if anyone else had tried similar things.

Comment

Working...
      X